Seagate RMA question: Packaging

Soldato
Got my RMA number for my dead Seagate drive, however have been reading their packaging instructions and seem to insist on the drive being packaged in a box. Will I be okay with a jiffy bag, lots of bubble wrap and a static bag?

Associate
Having had to RMA a scsi drive to them in the past, I have always used the plastic clamshell box they came it and they seem to be very specific about using them.

Only way you will know is from other people's returns, but frommy experience, you would be better off with the plastic box if you can get them.

Soldato
If you dont package the HDD to their specification then they can just turn around and say "The drive was probably damaged in transit to us. Your fault." and bye bye replacement.

You have two options:

1: Find the original packaging [unlikely lol]
2: See if you can change your RMA to an advanced option. If Seagate offer this then they will take some credit card details off you [in case you decide you dont want to send your old one back :D] and then send you a brand new drive FIRST. You can then send your duff drive in the packaging the new one came in.

SiriusB

Soldato
When i RMA'd a drive to them i stuck it in an anti static bag (i just found one i had lying around) and then put it in a box which i received my Raptor in. It had 'foam rubber' in it and i just placed the drive between the two layers. Kept it nice and safe.

In their packaging instructions they say that you aren't allowed to use bubble wrap ;)

Back
Top Bottom