Feeling a little freaked out...

Associate
I'm not sure if anyone in the worcestershire area heard about a murder in Tenbury Wells on friday night. Not really out of the ordinary you're probably thinking, people get murdered every day. Well I live in Tenbury and it's a pretty small market town, population of around 3k'ish.

The worst that's ever happened in the past is people getting busted for minor drugs offences really.

Anyway...this is the story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/5000714.stm

What they don't mention is that the guy killed was 19, mentally disabled with the mental facilities of a young child. I've heard today that the murderer turned himself in and has fully confessed. Apparently he raped the victim a month back, since then he's been sending death threats and telling the victim to kill himself or he'll kill him...seems as though he acting on those threats.

Now here is the bit that really freaks me out, I worked with this guy (the murderer) for a few months, not in your busy work environment, but in secluded areas with just one other guy. I'm a tree surgeon so we would quite often be in very desolate areas with nobody for miles around. My mind has just been filled with thoughts of "what if" since I heard earlier who the murderer is.

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, but I need somewhere to vent right now, feeling quite strung out :(

Soldato
Phunk-E-Man said:
I kind of know the feeling because I went to school with someone that ended up killing a couple of people. But I never had the "What if?" thoughts since I knew him well enough to know he's not a psycho.

Soldato
It's disturbing but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's not as if you have a major crime culture developing in Tenbury - sounds more like a single psycho bloke who's better off in the nick.

Back
Top Bottom