my new car, dead!!

Suspended
Lo all,

Firstly, here is the only good pic ive got of my car. It the white Corrado parked next to my red G60.

MNuTz1-corrado1.jpg

I left work a 6am sat morning, the weather was drizzly and the roads wet. The route home is horrible, twisty tight bends and my oil in the engine was still cold so i was only doing about 50 mph. I went down a hill that sweeps to the left at the bottom and then as it goes up it twists to the right. Half way up a dog came out of nowhere so i swerved right lost the back end to the right, so i turned into the slide which over-corrected and the back shot to the right. The car has been a bit twitchy since i had it and was the first thing i wanted to sort. I mounted the curb going sideways, drivers side first. Slid across the grass and smashed into 2 sign posts. Took them both out, and finally stopped in the junction. Turned engine off, restarted and drove onto the waste land next to the signs. No one else was involved.

One bloke stopped and asked if i was alright, i asked of he had a phone, he said no and got into his van and drove off. He was a contractor with his mobile number on the side :rolleyes: Walked 1.5 miles to find a pay phone and got the g/f to come out. Phone the police and the AA, gave police my info so i can pay for the signs and the AA bought me home. Road sweeper came out, swept up the mess that i hadnt managed to clean up and then asked if it could be repaired. I dont think so....

MNuTz1-corrado2.jpg

MNuTz1-corrado3.jpg

Im ok, small bruise on my leg and a bit stiff but other than that, fine. People complain VWs are heavy, but i think that if id been in any other type of car it would have been more serious.

Soldato
Gutted for you mate, can't be nice for that to happen at any time, but certainly not when you've only had the car such a short amount of time.

Was it insured fully comp, or just TPFT?

Suspended
OP
PeterNem said:
Was it insured fully comp, or just TPFT?

Just TPFT, i only cost £780, its going to have the engine put into the G60 to replace the 1.8 8v and then have the charger fitted at a later date.

By the time i have stripped all the electrics and interior i should have made my money back and enough to cover the cost of the sign.

Soldato
should have ran the dog over, I know it sounds cruel but it would have caused less damage to your car and potentially pedestrians on the pavement etc. as it is I am gutted that you crashed :(.

Soldato
Your too soft! (sorry.)

Glad you are OK though. Shame the car got so badly damaged but if you can make your money back than it doesn't matter. What is possessions with out life?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Rich1988 said:
should have ran the dog over, I know it sounds cruel but it would have caused less damage to your car and potentially pedestrians on the pavement etc. as it is I am gutted that you crashed :(.

I don't advise running over any dogs for the sake of a few signs and a car as it might be my Frank staffy dog. Keyboard warrior comments aside i think everyone here knows what i would do to someone who run my Frank over.
My dog is Never off the lead though i must say.

Having said that if there was a human at stake then i would accept that with No repurcussions to the driver, Unless he was drunk. Then rule 1 applys which is totally losing it.

O.P.
Consider yourself lucky mate as by the looks of that whack it was quite some knock. A few feet up the door and i think you would have been hurt or the motor could have rolled after hitting the kerb.
Live and learn a but glad you walked away.

Soldato
malc30 said:
I don't advise running over any dogs for the sake of a few signs and a car as it might be my Frank staffy dog. Keyboard warrior comments aside i think everyone here knows what i would do to someone who run my Frank over.

Having said that if there was a human at stake then i would accept that with No repurcussions to the driver, Unless he was drunk. Then rule 1 applys which is totally losing it.

O.P.
Consider yourself lucky mate as by the looks of that whack it was quite some knock. A few feet up the door and i think you would have been hurt or the motor could have rolled after hitting the kerb.
Live and learn a but glad you walked away.

I can see what your saying about your dog but as you said he is always on a lead, anyone in a town foolish enough to let their dog roam free off the lead is asking for trouble, I wouldnt swerve for a dog or a cat as if I did I could end up killing pedestrians.

Suspended
OP
this wasnt in a town, farmer country about 1 mile from a village called Audlem.

It was a automatic responses from me, it came so fast out the hedge i just reacted. Had it of been in a town id of just anchored the brakes and hoped id of stopped. Im just glad there wasnt someone waiting to pull out of the junction, otherwise the sign post would have hit them instead of flying 30 yards over the road onto some more waste land!

Soldato
malc30 said:
Keyboard warrior comments aside i think everyone here knows what i would do to someone who run my Frank over.
Bit of a daft comment then because normally the only way any pet will get run over is when the owner doesn't have control of it, that's the owners fault.

Unlucky with your car mate, I nearly nailed a dog whose owner had one of them extendable leaders. The dog bolted out into the road and I was so close to hitting it that I couldn't see it infront of my bumper when I stopped.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Even dogs on leads get away from there owners. My staffy dog pulls like a train and if he sees something he bolts. I have managed to hold him most times but sometimes he breaks lose. Odviously when i am near roads i hold him firmly but when in the country you chill and relax more.

Back
Top Bottom