How to remove CD player?

Associate
A few months ago I got a cd player to replace the standard radio/cassette jobby in the Fiesta, it was from Halfords and free fitting, so naturally I got them to fit it. I wasn't there at the time as I was working so my mum took it down to get fitted, so I never saw how it was done. Now I'll be getting rid of the car soon and want to keep the cd player and either put it in my new car if it doesn't have a cd player (I'm sure it will though) or selling it.

So, how do I go about removing the cd player and the fascia that was needed to fill the gap as it didn't quite fit the hole left by the standard one. I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to connect all the wires up, just want to know if there is a special tool or something the Halfords guy used. You think if I go down to Halfords and ask nicely they'll give me a loan of it! :D

Caporegime
Remove trim cover from the outer edge of unit, either push some pins into the whole on the outside edge of the unit or it will have come with some removal keys.

Pull unit out, take out cage, remove dash adapter and iso adapter click iso plug into old unit, slide back into place.

Done :)

Soldato
You should have had the removal tools included with the stereo you bought. If halfords didn't give you them then you should get them to give you some as you will need them for your next car. The facia adapter may be a press fit or a screw fit. Connectors should be via an ISO.

Associate
OP
Its a JVC unit, I'm not sure if I have removal tools, all I got from Halfords was the boxed up stereo, can't remeber if any tools were in it, I'll have a look. So you say its just a case of connecting up the wiring, doesn't sound hard at all, just getting the damn thing out.

*edit*

So you think I need a set of "CAD Value JVC Release Keys" at £4.99?

Last edited:
Soldato
You need something like the jvc keys to take it out and the fascia just unclips once the stero is out, same with the stereo cage. If you go back to the Halfords where it was fitted and explain that you were not given the keys they should be able to help you out dude.

Associate
OP
Hey, time for some thread revival batman questions. :D

So I got my new car, after successfully putting the original ford cassette player in my old fiesta I now want to replace the CD player in my new mondeo (mk2) with my Halfords one. So I guess I'll need the removal tools for it, but I tried the link posted above but they don't have any for Ford, I also tried here but they only have them for the new models. Also tried the Halfords website and just got confused. :confused: Someboady able to point me in the right direction?

Back
Top Bottom