What can my dad do?

Soldato
My dad currently has 9 points on his driving licence but he is due to get another 9, one from a red light camera (been got by this same one before) and two from a speed camera (same one on different days :rolleyes: ) He also has another 3 points still on his licence from 4 years ago, so while they don't count towards totting up, I understand that they are still valid in court or something, so thats a possible total of 21 points that he could be going to court with :eek: obviously he hasn't recieved the NIP for the 9 points yet but it's highly unlikely that all 3 cameras didn't have film in them.

My dad needs to drive for work as he is a self employed engineer so needs the van to lug all his tools about and flat beds to carry steelwork etc. Also has to use his van to pick a couple of his workers up to get them to work as they all lost their licences as well :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to find a way for him to get out of it if anything happens, based on the grounds he needs to drive to make a living and support his workers otherwise they can't work and will be out of a job.

I have also had a go at him about watching out for cameras etc.

Soldato
I knew a person who had 12 points and didnt get his licence revoked, they told him if he had any more than 12 they would have (he needed the car for his work) so it looks like with 21 points :eek: he might have his licence taken off him.

Soldato
Tough one.

Doubt he'll get out of it really.

Might be lucky, but its so many over the limit. Maybe if it was on the limit they'd let him have 11 pnts.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Um...he needs to drive for work, yet has managed to commit that many driving offences?

Career change any kind of option? Hire a chauffeur? Think he'll probably struggle to keep his license with that kind of record....

Soldato
JRS said:
Um...he needs to drive for work, yet has managed to commit that many driving offences?

Career change any kind of option? Hire a chauffeur? Think he'll probably struggle to keep his license with that kind of record....

however cruel that sounds it seems a dead cert he will have his licence taken.

Soldato
Nothing i would have thought, hes dug his hole here, and obviously hasnt learnt his lesson, multiple times from the same camera, and red light cameras....

Soldato
OP
Well can't really do a career change as its a ltd company thats been going for about 20 years and they get a lot of work, I've said I can drive him about on my days off work if the worst comes to the worse.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Jonny ///M said:
Usually if you really need to drive for work they whack you with a mahoosive fine :rolleyes:

Usually people don't have 21 points tho, I'd say he'd be very lucky if the sum total is 21 to keep his license.

Ony other alternative, not that I'm condoning anything(!), is to have someone else say they were driving and take the points.

But can't really see a legal way of keeping the license.

Man of Honour
If your Dad gets to keep his license becuase of his job than thats a terrible miscarriage of justice.

I mean how daft is he? He's on NINE points, needs his license for his work yet still does stupid things like run red lights?

Sorry, but get him off the road asap

Don
Maybe he could plead to do some advanced driving courses and driver-awareness things? I dont know any specifics but if he goes to court it cant hurt trying to convince them he wants to change his ways (Provided he DOES want to change..)

Soldato
Ok, so running a red light can't be excused, but how much faster than the speed limit was he going?

If he was caught at 34-35mph but his speedo only read 31, he might get lucky.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
I've heard of people driving with 24 points, as they need to keep their license for employment. That was directly from a magistrate's mouth.

Who in their right mind would insure them??? Mind, I suppose the premium gets loaded to silly ******* levels when you've proven yourself that incompetent at staying out of trouble, they'd probably make a fortune out of a driver in that position.

Trickle said:
Is he married?

Can he ask to see the pictures first, and if suitable, ask his wife to take the fall?

*Sigh* Sure, why not add perverting the course of justice to the list of charges....might as well go for it if you're going to end up in court anyway.....

Back
Top Bottom