Join Ultra's Sniper elite! (FarCry 360)

Permabanned
Ah sniping! Where to begin. We all love doing it. We all hate people better than us at it. Camper! is a favourite cry except when its YOU doing the sniping.

It all began for me about 6 years ago. Red Faction on the PS2. Me and my best m8 used to stay up until obscene hours of the mornin doing one thing, sniping. One on one, no messing, first to take the headshot.

Now for those of you familiar with Red Faction, you will be aware of its deformable rock. Now there was one MP level that had two sheer rock cliffs with multi story bases set into them backed by said deformable rock.

We obeyed 2 rules.

1 no combat for 5 mins or until agreed.
2 only sniperscoped weapons (allowing a weak and innaccurate auto-sniper and a full on 1-shot sniper rifle)

This tactical tour-de-force escalated to such a degree that after a few months of refining our camouflage tactics, our RPG hole digging skills and our pinpoint aim. We eventually had to affix a large peice of card across the screen divide and procure differently heighted chairs in order to have as pure a match as possible, we truly had become very adept console snipers.

Now we come to far cry instincts predator on the X360. Im sure many of you have not even touched the map editor yet, but let me tell you, for a console it is frankly superb. This got me to thinking (after a late night stealth game against two frenchies who were a lot more Luc Besson than my Jean Luc Picard) what about a true stealth sniper club. FC:IP is perfect for it, the foliage, the weapons, the map ed. I have been applying my knowledge of functional snipe maps to creating one and have come up with something thats near playable. Open plains for ammo and health refills. Stratigicall placed towers for plain sniping, stratigeic foliage for the more creative kind. Difficult-to-get-to prime snipe spots (try hopping up a barren hill and down a zip line on a map full of hidden snipers!!) scattered trappable trees. Nothing fancy, full on tactical pace-of-a-dead-snail stealth fest¬!!!!

Sign ups in here please, add my gamertag and ill let you know when the map is ready. Could do with someone on a hardline con (or a couple of u) to take the map and host cos my w/less con is arse.

Who's interested

Permabanned
OP
ooo ooo review time!!!! RAH

Actually sorry chaps i cant give a review really, despite the SP being riotously fun, ive not got very far thru even the first game (instincts?!?) yet. Firstly due do trooping on with oblivion, secondly due to Burnout:R and thirdly due to the superlatively underrated GUN which ive just finished.

But i'll do my best to give a positive summary

First and most importantly, got my sealed brand new copy off the bay for 23.50 + 1.50 P+P so should be cheap

Secondly there is my great sniper idea :D

Third, i played far cry on PC and was, bar graphical wonderment, rather unimpressed on the whole. This game tho is great. Imagine this........

I'm approaching the camp on my knees, palming the underbrush silently, listening for signs of the outermost patrols. The foliage is thick here and runs far wide of the trodden dirt-track deathtrap of the hostile patrols. I slowly pull the binoculars to my eyes, wincing at each rustle and click of the greenery as if 'twere the clicking of trigger-mechanisms a hairs breadth from doom.

The hud shows a number of inbound enemies, closer, closer still, 10m one reads. I drop silently to my belly. I quickly rig a trap, just about head high on the nearest tree, the gnarled old trunk holds it well, i shuffle back and do the same on the next, and another. The footsteps are close, they are getting suspicious. The dots on my radar begin to turn an orangy red. i quicken my pace. Still setting my traps. Suddenly i see the troupe break away, they are heading back! My plans! NO! but wait. One has strayed, still investigating a noise on a whim. Slowly I climb to my haunches, back against another wizened palm. I lean around and toss a pebble at the trapped tree nearest the path, lying prone in dense foliage. The whack of spiked death rings out across the basin, the sharp high pitched scream of the soldier cut off mid yelp. My gaze turns to my radar, they are sweeping the brush, this time on full alert! My mouth creeps up at the corners.

Thwack!!!
Thwack!!!
ThwackThwack!!!!

The jungle is silent apart from the mocking caw of a disturbed bird flock fluttering needlessly to safety.

I drop silently to my belly once more, still smiling evilly, i have some ammo to collect.....

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Well I did think this was a good idea at first.

But having fired several shots in each of your directions and so far I've not been noticed (you haven't have you, come on be honest, you've not noticed a single shot since you've read this thread) then I realise you're all a bunch of losers and are no match for me!

But, I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt and allow you to be used as fodder.

Back
Top Bottom