Does your other half game?

Soldato
Just wondering what peoples other half's opinions are on their gaming?

Do they think you spend too much time doing it? Do they like to have a go themselves? Do you play together (keep it clean please ;) ) ?

For me my gf likes the occasional blast on hexic or uno but only ever for 10 minutes or so. She also likes to give me a pasting on Fight Night ocassionally but other than that gaming doesn't really interest her a great deal... which is why when we move in together my 360 is being relegated to the computer room (aka 3rd bedroom) whilst my 26" lcd and 5.1 setup sits downstares for her to watch Eastenders Street and Coronation Farm and whatever other drivel she watches :(

So how are your other halves with your gaming habits?

Associate
My gf hates me playing any games that dont involve her. I cant remember the last time I really got stuck into a decent single player game.

She plays Pro Evo soccer and is actually really really good at it. Not a bad thing as I love playing it myself.

She tells me Im a geek and I get too excited about games, but she is the same about films. A happy medium methinks :)

Caporegime
My wife used to really play the track and field game I had for my Saturn and the olympics games for the ps2. Nothing on the 360 interests her at all. I showed her Uno the other day as she likes that and can get the achievements for me ;)

She isn't bothered about me playing the 360 as it's upstairs not on the main tv. She may have a game or two on street fighter when that comes on live because she was truely awesome at that in the arcades, she loved it.

Soldato
My mrs is currently hooked on Oblivion to the point that she hogged the 360 and main tv all last night. She liked Kameo but hates racing and fps games and told me FN3 was abhorrent ... lol

We used to play quite a lot of games coop on the PS1, XBox and PC; games like Alpha Centuri, Gauntlet, Baldurs Gate (the pants arcade XBox ones) and it's one thing we're missing on the 360 so far.

The moral of this story children is be careful what you wish for; an other half that enjoys gaming can be a curse. When I was playing Condemned I could say, "Heh, darling, watch me pummel this idiot with this sign", to which she'd reply, "How can you play this, I'm off to bed" and get a good nights gaming in. Now it's "Darling, can I play a little Oblvion, you don't mind do you, you did play Tomb Raider this morning", and I'm the one off to bed...

Associate
My other half has absolutely no interest whatsoever in gaming... she just doesn't see the point.

Thing is though, I bet there are a few games out there somewhere that she'd really enjoy e.g. Manhunt, DoomIII, Resident Evil, Nintendogs etc. :D

Associate
When I'm not with her she spends her time alternating between Nintendogs and Animal Crossing, when she was here yesterday we did a couple of hours at Donkey Konga and a couple of hours at Pikmin. Though luckily on 3d games she prefers to watch me play as they make her dizzy. otherwise I would lose my machine for good :o

Whoop

Associate
My good lady and I play everquest 2 together, as we did everquest 1, dark age of camelot and so on. We also played wow somewhat briefly but became quickly bored and returned to eq :)

Soldato
My lass used to play PGR a bit, but hasnt used the 360 in ages now. She would rather I do some housework that play games, but doesnt seem too bothered about it.

She gets to watch what she wants on tv, then I normally get on later on. Fair comprimise as I see it. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
No she dont thank god but even if she did there is no way i am sharing my system or connection with her . NO WAY. :p
She is totally cool about my gaming though and even bought me my Momo for xmas.
She even sounds/looks interrested when i rant on about my latest killing spree and stat hike. :cool:
Fortunetly i live alone and she visits. When here i switch my system off and give her my complete attention. ;)

Permabanned
The Wife and I used to play Captain COmmando in the chippy after the pub and she did have a "gamegear" when they came out. She sometimes plays a bit of Shrek on the Xbox with our daughter but isn't really into consoles much - she likes a bit of Worms and Sonic.
The only game I have to wrestle off her is "Guitar Hero" she was up till god knows when on that the other night.
She likes a bit of Donkey Konga as well and is interested in Singstar for the PS2.
So far nothing on the 360 seems to interest her much although Hexic etc are games she has not been allowed to see lol.

All in all she doesn't game very much, she prefers to mooch around Ebay.

Man of Honour
My gf does game now and then. We often play against each other at Worms Armageddon, where she now beats me more often than not :/ She's also happy to watch me play good action games with a good storyline (like Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia - she'd actually tell me to play them so she could see what happened), though sports games like Pro Evo bore her so she doesn't watch them at all.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Yup. We've played Halo all day co-op for a couple of days in a row. Played a range of games from PGR2 to Nintendo Dogs (his copy not mine :o), and used to play a fair few different MMORPGs together too. Generally talk about a lot of games too.

Tbh I think I'd need a boyfriend that played games otherwise they'd probably just think I was some freak for the amount of games I play :o

Associate
My other half likes to hog the Xbox loves playing Crash Tag Team Racing & starwars Lego ( We often play Co-Op ) & CSI

And likes Theme Hospital on the pc but often dissapears up stairs and plays the PS1

Back
Top Bottom