Cheating

Associate
I searched and there doesn't seem to be a cheating thread on here. I just want to know peoples opinions on it.

Should you tell the people involved, or try to keep it secret forever?
If people get suspicious should you come clean or go deeper with the lies?
Is it ever justifiable?
How do I stop thinking about it and how bad a person I am?

:(

Soldato
its a tough one.. can you justify it..?...

it depends.. i mean if you are cheating because you have fallen in love with someone else.. then maybe you have something to stand on...

if its just cheating for no real reason but pleasure.. then.. nah.

either way, tell the truth asap

Man of Honour
I'd have thought telling the other person involved would be the main point, let them break up with you.

If you feel bad, just think what they're going to feel when they find out what you're doing to them.

In my opinion, it's never justifiable. If you have the need to do such a thing, something is up in your relationship, and you either need to break it off or talk things over and fix the issues, and then move on.

Associate
OP
DaveyD said:
I'd have thought telling the other person involved would be the main point, let them break up with you.

If you feel bad, just think what they're going to feel when they find out what you're doing to them.

In my opinion, it's never justifiable. If you have the need to do such a thing, something is up in your relationship, and you either need to break it off or talk things over and fix the issues, and then move on.

That's the problem, there are no issues. I was just being completely absolutely stupid. But there's no way I could tell my gf - one of her best friends got cheated on and some of the things my gf said after that mean that she can never find out about this. ever. things were so good, I'm just worried I've ruined it by being selfish.

Soldato
Tell them because it make the person who is being cheated on look and feel so stupid when they find out via another means.

I'm speaking from experience here, a girl used me, took everything from me and went onto someone else at the click of a finger, when she said she really wanted to make a go at things, but she knew she would risk her education to be with me.

Everytime I speak to her, she just lies to me and I feel like such an idiot and she tried to turn the tables around on me. Saying that she only did what she did because of how her previous partner hurt her.

Yet thats just the whimps way out, she doesn't want to admit she is wrong so she plays the "I'm the vicitim" card, but it's no excuse.

I now hate her, and couldn't care less if she ended up under the front two wheel of a bus.

Soldato
I cheated because I knew the relationship wasn't going to last.

Did I like the girl I cheated with? No

Did I like the girl I cheated on? Yes

Would I do it again? If I was in the same situation, probably.

But if I was with someone who I genuinely cared for and knew there was some sort of a future, then there's absolutely no chance that I would cheat.

I'm not proud of what I did, and still wish I hadn't... but I'm pretty sure my ex cheated on me.

Cheating on someone is a way of getting out of the relationship. You're lying to yourself if you continue to carry on the relationship. My advice is... get out and find someone you REALLY want to be with.

Soldato
Mekrel said:
I now hate her, and couldn't care less if she ended up under the front two wheel of a bus.

You got your Bus drivers license yet? (j/k)

On a more serious note, tell them. Chances are they will find out at some point and it could be a lot worse.

Associate
OP
agw_01 said:
But if I was with someone who I genuinely cared for and knew there was some sort of a future, then there's absolutely no chance that I would cheat.

That's the position I was in - and I thought there was absolutely no chance I would cheat.

I barely even remember it I was so blind drunk. I can't drink in sensible amounts, maybe I should get that seen to as well.

Associate
OP
Raikiri said:
On a more serious note, tell them. Chances are they will find out at some point and it could be a lot worse.

I think it's too late to tell her. It's complicated, but it just is too late.

Man of Honour
qwerty said:
I barely even remember it I was so blind drunk. I can't drink in sensible amounts, maybe I should get that seen to as well.

You did it, therefore you have to deal with the consequences. There's no point pussyfooting around - just own up and move on. The one you've cheated on is blatantly not your "one" so just give it up.

Associate
qwerty said:
I searched and there doesn't seem to be a cheating thread on here. I just want to know peoples opinions on it.

Should you tell the people involved, or try to keep it secret forever?
If people get suspicious should you come clean or go deeper with the lies?
Is it ever justifiable?
How do I stop thinking about it and how bad a person I am?

:(

I think you should tell the person involved but... we very rarely do. They tend to find out themselves, they feel it and such like dont they?

Its a big weight to carry all them lies, come clean :) Easier said than done though.

Is it justifiable? Thats a hard one to answer.
I would say no but, i know how these things happen.

You need to ask yourself the reason why this has happened in the first place, find yourself some answers and give yourself some time.
Remember, nobodies perfect and sometimes these things happen for a reason.

Permabanned
Be a man, shag them both and continue to do it until one of them finds out. Cover your tracks and make sure that it doesn't happen, when you're bored with both dump the uglier one :D

Associate
OP
ballistic said:
Be a man, shag them both and continue to do it until one of them finds out. Cover your tracks and make sure that it doesn't happen, when you're bored with both dump the uglier one :D

I was impressed at all the sensible answers so far. Thanks. :(

Soldato
If you are unable to dismiss it and forget about it, you feel it has made you question your commitment and your relationship with her, or there is a chance of her finding out then you should tell her.

Otherwise just forget it ever happened, if it isn't affecting you or your relationship with her, and she won't ever find out then it'll just cause her (and therefore you) grief which could easily be avoided.

*edit*
It'll also be a good banker if she cheats on you, as you got in there first.. :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
qwerty said:
I was impressed at all the sensible answers so far. Thanks. :(

why is that not sensible? how do you know for example your girlfriend wasn't banged by half of the Scunthorpe United squad while you were away and she didn't tell you.

Back
Top Bottom