The correct spelling is L-I-C-E-N-C-E

Man of Honour
I sincerely apologise for this anally retentive and cocksmart post but I really feel that something must be said. In a motoring forum where the word 'licence' is used frequently, it breaks my heart to see such a common word mis-spelt so often.

Common abominations include:

LISENSE
LISENCE
LISCENSE
LISCENCE
LICENSE (Although this is correct elsewhere, we don't use this spelling in the UK)

Here in the UK, the correct spelling is LICENCE.

Again, I must apologise for my holier-than-thou attitude as even perfect people like myself make spelling mistakes. I just felt this post had to be made after seeing so many colourful variations of the spelling of this word.

That is all.

For those of you who will inevitably be offended by this post, it was partially tongue in cheek so...
:p

Last edited:
Soldato
I disagree Scuzi.

Judging by the driving ability of 50% of brits, I'm sure most people will agree that the true speling of licence is...

"I gotz myne frum a sirial box"

Associate
It's not just licence, it's spelling in general. Also, punctuation is a lost art. many a time i see long drawn out posts where there are no full stops and words joinedtogether simply because the poster has not used the spacebar (space bar ?) and sentences begin with a lower case letter as if the shift key on the keyboard is broken and it especially pees me off when ppl use txtspk instd f prpr wrds jst 2 save them sum space on the 4um, no wndr english is goin dwnhill fst ffs ppl consentrate on ** spln and grmr. :)

Noooooo, u and r become two stars....how ?

Last edited:
Soldato
:D

u make a g.ud poynt innit

P.S. If spelling and grammar winds you up so much, maybe you should have a word with your darling daughter about txtspk ;)

Soldato
Going to bed now.

Yep, he's going to pick it up next week. Will send you some photos tomorrow. Very smart car! I'm jealous!!!

OcUK, meet my Dad :p :D

Soldato
Scuzi said:
For those of you who will inevitably be offended by this post, it was partially tongue in cheek so...

Disclaimers do not protect you, lisences do not protect you. I am offended by your license argument.

I liscience myself to hereby and therefore ergo withdraw your lisense.

Back
Top Bottom