Refurb'd goods....

Permabanned
Been thinking about buying a refurb'd mp3 player for the missus.

I wont go into detail, as its from a competitor, but its about 40% cheaper than a 'new' one, and comes with a 12 month manufacturers guarantee.

Has anyone ever bought other gadgety stuff thats been refurbed? ANy problems? Issues?

Ta....

Man of Honour
It might have manuals, cables or packaging missing or scratches on it but in theory the product comes with a 12 month warranty so should be just as good as any other. I bought a refurbished phone not too long ago and that was fine apart from the noted Sony-Ericcson problem of the joystick knackering itself up all too soon, I had a months warranty so haven't bothered getting it sorted but since you have a years warranty I don't see the problem :)

Suspended
Visage said:

I've received refurb goods which are clearly faulty, the company denies it is faulty and just you...it's sold as a refurb so you don't have as many rights as brand new items. Usually 90 days. It requires legal action and on something worth £50-£200 isn't worth it. You also don't know of the condition why it was returned, condition/state of the battery (perhaps been overcharged by the previous owner) hard disc with bad sectors, intermittent dry solder joints, read errors etc. They don't test it properly.

Just pay out the extra IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Most of my HiFi is refurb gear and its been fine, my chair is a refurb and it is also fine. :p

If it is cheaper get it, scratched up like nobodys buisness send it back saying you changed your mind under the distance selling act. :)

Back
Top Bottom