What tyres.

Soldato
My 2 fronts on the ST, will soon need replacing. I recently had a puncture on the rear and replaced it with the same Conti Sports contact which cost £120 a corner.

As follows

215/45/17, I have checked out Etyres.co.uk and Black circles who seem to have more budget variations compared to Etyres but the guy who replaced the punctured one, was a car buff, and treated my wheels with respect and was very happy with the service.

One which has caught my eye, only because I have seen them advertised in motor racing, but have not seen any reviews of are these, £79.89.

http://www.blackcircles.com/information?modelid=142746

Basically, I am after some long wearing/lower road noise. I am after good grip, but do not want to replace them sooner. the front contis, have lasted 20k on the front which is good, but I cant help thinking the grip levels could be better, especially in the wet.

Any advise appreciated.

Man of Honour
Yea, get the Mytyres price then ring all the local places asking if thats the best they can do becuase thingy down the road says £x.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Find someone that works at a dealer and can get you mytyres prices but same day delivery and fitting.

Should be getting another nice set of Yokos to replace the blocks of cheese currently on my car for £31 a tyre :p

Sam

Sam

Soldato
There fantastic tyres, simple as

You could allways try Yoko Parada Spec 2 , FANTASTIC tread pattern and there ment to be VERY VERY grippy. Thats whats going on the R Puma soon :)

Sam

Man of Honour
thepharcyde said:

Sorry you call that a review? It's not a review, it's a load of numbers.

THIS is a review, from a proper test conducted by a leading magazine under test conditions:

For almost all of the decade that Autocar has been conducting tyre tests, two products have fought tooth and nail for the honours in the high performance category - Goodyears Eagle F1 and Bridgestones S-0X equivilent. Each has evolved down the years but neither has been able to gain much advantage over the other. So here we are again, with the F1 GSD3 and the S-03 Pole Position dominating the test and finishing within a single point of each other overall

They covered wet and dry handling, braking, grip, aquaplaning, etc etc and virtually ever time either Eagle F1 or Potenza S-03 were the top tyre, whereas tyres you'd expect to be good like Michelin Pilot Sport came last in everything.

IMHO a proper test by somebody with no axe to grind in proper test conditions > user opinions on tyres, there is too much subjectivity involved.

Soldato
I read the Autocar test article when i was waiting for my GS-D3s to be fitted. It's pretty comprehensive and is a recommended read; i'm sure you could pop into a local tyre fitting place and take a copy.

Soldato
OP
Next challenge, who can find me the cheapest mobile fitting option online? I dont do going to a fitters, its time I dont have, as well as phoning round saying matey down the road does them for 101.00 can you beat it, yes we can by 2 pounds. I think the average price is a ton fitted.

215/45/17

Back
Top Bottom