Eeeek! Got a telephone interview later

Soldato
Got a telephone interview for a consultants position at a recruitment agency later. I currently work in marketing so it is a total career change but the marketing jobs market is quite slack and I want out of my current job asap.

Any recruitment people on here that can give me any advice as to what the job entails, or just general advice as how to approach a telephone interview. It's been nearly 7 years since I last had a formal interview!

Associate
After uni I worked as an IT recruitment consultant for Aston Carter for about 3 months. The telephone interviews for all recruitment places will be looking for you to show drive, self motivation and motivation by money.

Most of them will use the same framework for all of their interviews. Basically making sure you have balls, are willing to work hard etc. Be confident on the phone (obviously) and be prepared to answer questions like - describe a situation where you were under pressure, how you respond to target ste etc.

Good luck.

Soldato
Be prepared really. Cliched I know but think fast and talk slow and know as much about the job and the companies competition as you can. Can always look in yellow pages for companies in the same area. Pays well to ask a few well thought out questions as well as it shows your understanding of the job and the market

eg "How does your company different from XYZ Recruitment in town ?"

They will always come back with the postives about themselves and you can reply to say that is the kind of company that you produce your best work or where you will flourish. A bit of flattery goes a long way

Permabanned
Don't worry too much about a telephone interview. They are usually very brief and just to assess whether it is worth them bothering to invite you to an actual formal interview.

Suspended
just do your research about the company in general and be prepaired to give answer as above like what would you do in X situation under pressure. I then had a formal interview but know F all about oracle really so didnt get it. (it sounded soooooo boring anyway!)

Soldato
OP
Loki said:
Be prepared really. Cliched I know but think fast and talk slow and know as much about the job and the companies competition as you can. Can always look in yellow pages for companies in the same area. Pays well to ask a few well thought out questions as well as it shows your understanding of the job and the market

eg "How does your company different from XYZ Recruitment in town ?"

They will always come back with the postives about themselves and you can reply to say that is the kind of company that you produce your best work or where you will flourish. A bit of flattery goes a long way

you sir are a legend. I pulled the above question out of the hat at the end of the interview...he did exactly what you said he would...i said exactly what you told me to say...i've been invited for a face to face interview. Result.

Back
Top Bottom