Nintendo DS Lite European Launch 23rd June [Black]

Associate
Oh, sorry... You're concerned about the possibilities of dead/stuck pixels.

As far as I'm aware, they were never an issue for the original DS. In fact, I've never witnessed one myself. I suppose Nintendo UK may replace it for you if you were unfortunate to recieve one with this issue. They're usually pretty cool.

Soldato
Wang Computer said:
Oh, sorry... You're concerned about the possibilities of dead/stuck pixels.

As far as I'm aware, they were never an issue for the original DS. In fact, I've never witnessed one myself. I suppose Nintendo UK may replace it for you if you were unfortunate to recieve one with this issue. They're usually pretty cool.

Yeah they were an issue with the original

And I have a stuck pixel on my jap ds lite, although its no big deal, not as bad as a deal pixel anyhow.

its going on the mm this week though, got a navy one coming :D

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Nintendo giving the EU something before the rest of the world, something just doesnt feel right about that :p

Black, just think of the finger prints :p

Associate
DailyGeek said:
Yeah they were an issue with the original

Well, I know a fair few people with original Nintendo DS machines (probably > 30, in fact!), and not once has anyone mentioned the existence of faulty pixels. The guy from Nintendo UK informed me similarly. Is there any particular reason why you think the DS is suffering from a pixel-pandemic?

Soldato
Wang Computer said:
Well, I know a fair few people with original Nintendo DS machines (probably > 30, in fact!), and not once has anyone mentioned the existence of faulty pixels. The guy from Nintendo UK informed me similarly. Is there any particular reason why you think the DS is suffering from a pixel-pandemic?

Well besides the fact that nintendo set up a replacement service, that a google search brings up this fact, that i work on customer services dealing with nintendo returns and I actually owned one. Nothing.

Associate
Of course it would be foolish of me to think that it doesn't occur, pixel issues are very much inherent to the fabrication of LCD displays.

However, I personally believe that dead-pixel afflicted DS machines are relatively rare and certainly not the norm... Not in my experience anyway. That was what I was saying all along.

I thought Nintendo's CS was based in Hampshire, not Kent?

Caporegime
Wang Computer said:
Yes... Never had problems with them before. Have you? Were you stung by the 360 debacle?

Yes that was my concern, that and there isnt one near me to go to complain if it goes wrong. I may just wait a day or so to see if game and co start a pre order service.

Edit...

Again what about the AC adapter, in the kit or an accessory?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wang Computer said:
Of course it would be foolish of me to think that it doesn't occur, pixel issues are very much inherent to the fabrication of LCD displays.

However, I personally believe that dead-pixel afflicted DS machines are relatively rare and certainly not the norm... Not in my experience anyway. That was what I was saying all along.

I thought Nintendo's CS was based in Hampshire, not Kent?

Sorry I possibly worded that wrong, I don't work at the nintendo end but rather the retail end.

Associate
Psycho Ned said:
I'll mention a couple if these are concidered competitors then the mods can smack my botty and remove them ;)

www.movietyme.com Just brought New super Mario Bros (not out here till end of June) off these guys and it came in about 6 days not bad for £19.99! Also got Brain Training for £12.99 none of their DS games are over £19.99..

WOW~~ Just ordered Super Mario Bros and Brain Training for only 32.98 delivered, what a nice bargain site! thank you for the recommendation . :cool:

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
Yes that was my concern, that and there isnt one near me to go to complain if it goes wrong. I may just wait a day or so to see if game and co start a pre order service.

Edit...

Again what about the AC adapter, in the kit or an accessory?

It'll be in the box with the DS lite. :)

Soldato
I've never had a handheld console before, despite having just about every UK released console since the mega drive.

But, as i'm sure is true of many people, the sight of a proper old school Mario game has me foaming at the mouth, and the black DS lite has just compounded the matter. I think the at that price, it's a bargain too. Now, i'm off to order one.

Associate
Sm0kin said:
Movietyme are based in the UK, I've ordered both games And my old US PSP console from them and not once got hit by customs (obviously, since they were posted from within the UK). Cheap too!

you sure they are based in the UK, this is a quote from their site:

"Titles are shipped singularly and FREE of charge to the UK as standard, by First Class Post from our USA offices."

did they ship from the UK years ago?

Back
Top Bottom