doing my nut in!! help ?

Soldato
argh!

a little while ago i made a topic asking for help as my pc kept on dying when i using it and when i wasnt using it, it would just power off.

suggestions was that it was my ultra x PSU not be good enough to deliver power to my o/ced rig.

so i took the advice given and bough an enermax liberty 500W psu and after i plugged it all in and turned it on i got to hearing the lovely windows log in tune and it died straight away. also, it died during the night when it was just left downloading and just did it again when i was using msn and browsing this forum.

now i dont what else to think of !? i have bought a new, rated psu, have gone from 1.485 to 1.5125 volts of Vcore and am at 2.8V on the ram (said RAM is in sig, not sure what its rated at but its o/'d by 8mhz)

any suggestions as to what the problem is ??

Soldato
could have something to do with power saving mode? im guessing here....

or alternatively something in the bios?

i know im not being precisely but have you tried messing with the above? or finding out if those two are related to your prob?

Soldato
OP
in the performance folder theres counter logs, trace logs and alerts and there nowt for them bar the one sample log.

in event viewer theres stuff in the folders bar the security one but it dont make much sense to me/dunno what im ment to be looking for/error codes

Soldato
OP
think may be something to do with it. its an error and it matches the times i started re-talking to a mate on msn (chat log) after it died on me

my pc said:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\nt_qxp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

the link offers nothing

Soldato
OP
nope, only errors i can see are the errors of death altho i got it three during the night but i was asleep for two (at 2am and the other at 3am) but when i woke up at around 5am the pc was on but died shorty after me waking up so this log is telling me my pc turned itself back on :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Theres a setting somewhere so you can set it not to shut down on an error, but display a bsod instead so you might be able to get an idea of what the error is.
I can't remember exactly where it is tho...

Other than that, you should run memtest on it and prime 95 for a few hours.
Usual suspects with this sort of thing are psu and ram.

Soldato
OP
well it did it with my old ram, now running fine in mates pc and also does it with this ram (see sig) and did it with old psu (ultra x connect 500w) and did it with the new psu (see sig, did it first thin upon new psu, see top of page)

Associate
Dreadi said:
nope, only errors i can see are the errors of death altho i got it three during the night but i was asleep for two (at 2am and the other at 3am) but when i woke up at around 5am the pc was on but died shorty after me waking up so this log is telling me my pc turned itself back on :confused:

Nah, just bcause there is an error doesnt mean the PC turned off. You can get many errors that dont end in death.

Not even sure that the error there is the one causing the shutdown TBH.

M

Soldato
OP
error2go.jpg

good enough for me, the other at 5am is the same

Soldato
This is a tricky one...
I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a software problem rather than hardware.
Is it possible to install a fresh copy of windows on it to find out?
You could install it on a different drive so you can easily go back to the old copy.

Dodgy driver perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom