OSX 10.4.7 seeded

Mat

Mat

Soldato
"Apple has seeded Mac OS X 10.4.7 to Apple developers earlier this week. The current build is reported to be 8J111 for PowerPC and 8J2111 for Intel Macs.

Areas of testing are listed as Mail, Safari, Aperture, Syncing and iChat. Known issues include inaccurate Calculator results and Mail signatures note working reliably."

Inaccurate Calculator results?! its about time they figured out this maths thing really...

Should be about a month or so I rekon. 10.4.8 by August, 10.4.9 by end October and 10.5 by Christmas or Jan 07... according to my iCrystal Ball. ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

MagSafe said:
I really hope this update brings us an msn compatible iChat :)
Never used iChat myself.. what would this MSN compatible iChat update you speak of include? Would I be correct in thinking video chat support for MSN?

Associate
I believe the OS X version of aMSN (link) supports webcam over msn (so you can webcam with a msn pc user).

AdiumX rocks for multi-protocal IM though :)

I reckon they will get 10.5 out for xmas to take advantage of the holiday sales that vista is going to miss out on.

Associate
EVH said:
Never used iChat myself.. what would this MSN compatible iChat update you speak of include? Would I be correct in thinking video chat support for MSN?

I read on MacWorld UK's website a few weeks ago that Apple are working on updating iChat to be able to be compatible with more IM protocols. (click here)

So, I presume its only a matter of time before Apple make iChat fully MSN compatible, video chat included hopefully :D

I'm forced to use MSN right now (am not interested in any other third party programs) because all my friends use it so will be dumping it and using iChat as soon as Apple update it :)

Edited for spelling mistakes

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Personally I use Adium, and they're working on some sweet voice and video features, but I don't think it's going to be out soon (the update for Adium) so I may be tempted over to iChat if this comes out.

Personally I'd kill MSN Messenger for Mac with fire, because its soooo horrible :p

Associate
Mat said:
Inaccurate Calculator results?! its about time they figured out this maths thing really...

lol, just read that again...

I actually had do the windows calculator in java for uni earlier this year and it was murder, once you had an algorithm figured out there would always be a stack of flaws to go with it, for example variables not emptying when they should be or because numbers were being passed between various variables they would be added instead of subtracted.

really annoying, so i can see why Apple might have some problems with theres :p

Permabanned
I think the Calculator problems are like 0.000000000000000000000000000001 decimal places - like massive calculations that pretty much any user is never going to really do.

Associate
stuppy said:
I think the Calculator problems are like 0.000000000000000000000000000001 decimal places - like massive calculations that pretty much any user is never going to really do.

I'm sure a lot of users would input data like that, for example architects, engineers and the like.

Maybe not to that extent, but they would certainly input a large amount of digits like that at some point.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

MagSafe said:
I'm sure a lot of users would input data like that, for example architects, engineers and the like.

Maybe not to that extent, but they would certainly input a large amount of digits like that at some point.
You know people you use figures to the power -29 ? :eek:

Any ideas when the update is out?

Back
Top Bottom