Why are we so fascinated by technology?

Soldato
Every time we have a thread about a piece of technology, be it something like the Titanic, the Eurofighter, the Space Shuttle, or other products of technologies, we have a huge thread and debate about it, which shows that its an interesting topic which many people try to understand and comment on from many different angles.

Why is that? Why are we so fascinated by technology that we continously engage ourselves with it? :)

Soldato
We like to better ourselves, and through technology is the way most forum members like to do it, or at least have a passing interest in it, lot of people makes a good debates.

Face it people will not use a Overclocking forums if they do not have a reasonable level of competancy with a computer. :p

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Yewen said:
We like to better ourselves, and through technology is the way most forum members like to do it, or at least have a passing interest in it, lot of people makes a good debates.

Face it people will not use a Overclocking forums if they do not have a reasonable level of competancy with a computer. :p

What's the interweb?

Permabanned
Because we love to push the boundaries of what we can do as a civilisation, sometimes it kills us, and sometimes we attain things beyond our ancestors wildest dreams - it's all part of the adventure.

Plus, gadgets impress the girls. I think.

Associate
^^^ Yup, agree with that.

Personally i think its really interesting that new things come out that can do the same tast as a previouse item/model etc but so much better.

Not only is it that, but its the fact that someone / a group of people managed to think of a better way of doing it, and came about with a design.

("It" being what ever the task in hand is. like a new cpu architecture or making a ccd or anything that is technological really)

Woodsy

Associate
Technology enriches our lives.

When I was young, we had to wait 40 mins for a Pizza to be cooked, now we can do it in a Microwave in 3 mins.

Imagine what possibilities the future will bring, Pizza in under 60 seconds, we can only hope.

Soldato
[agrees with noz]

How anyone can fail to be impressed by applications of technology such as space exploration, is beyond me, but it's quite a frequent occurrence.

Associate
What I want to see is some proper visible developments. We hear all the times about a new protein string or theorhetical development in some barly understandable field of Phyics.

We had the Space Race, then we had someone say "we're going to make a supersonic airliner"

These were events that inspired people, I know we are still researching and investing in science but can't they sex it up a bit, announce something that will inspire the same type of hype as in the 60's.

"I belive that this nation should commit itself t achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to Earth." - JF Kennedy (can't remember when sometime in early 60's)

Back
Top Bottom