Rosicky having medical at Arsenal

Man of Honour
Is this guy any good? I remember being linked with him a few years ago. I can't even really think why tbh. But since Diaby's injured we're probably going to need somebody to back Cesc up when Gilberto disappears for 25 premiership games on the trot. Grr....

clicky

more clicky

Associate
he is a top player - it is a risk only in the sense he may be a bit too lightweight for the middle - surprised to see him coming especially with hleb doing ok - i guess hleb is now a right winger rather than a cm - thought arsenal needed a powerhouse in the middle more than another creative player - at least it is not another winger/forward!

think wenger is liking his 451 formation so maybe rosicky will be the playmaker just behind henry

Associate
true - and that will be the acid test for him - he has skills to be a world class player in a zidane mould but do we just see his flashed of excellence or can he do it week it week out.

manchester united should have tried for him - they seem to forget the decent players availible at decent prices and either go for tripe or pay over the odds for supposed quality.

rosicky would get into any prem team in my opinion - even chelsea's depending on formation!

Soldato
Tis in the Rumour Mill thread too. :)

As I said in there, I imagine he'll learn to play on the wings and then switch between playing there in a 4-4-2, and playing in the middle in a 4-5-1. Whether or not Pires goes is irrelevant really, since he's getting on as it is and we need at least one winger to replace him and/or Freddie soon.

Quality buy if we manage it though, here's hoping.

Soldato
Clipsey said:
Would be a great buy as he is a very good play maker!!

Im too guessing they prefer this 4-5-1 system now - who knows!

Only thing worrying me is his price tag! Did he not cost £18m :eek:

He'll cost £8M 'cos Dortmund are broke.

Soldato
Never watched him play but have heard about him, always thought of him as one of the best midfielders in Germany - in the same bracket as Ballack. I expect he'll be decent if Arsene rates him in any case.

I hope Hleb learns how to play through balls and shoot also. He's crap at those. :p

Soldato
greenlizard0 said:
Would rather he stay as a deputy for senderos/touré. Here's hoping that Pascal Cygan goes!! :(

Cygan is out of contract, and I doubt it will be renewed. Djourou certainly looks a prospect, but an experienced CB would be handy as 3 would be too few.

Edit
Arsenal Mania, are claiming the fee is as low as £4m to rise to £7m :eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Good player and I'm happy with that if the fee really is £7m or less. Pires must surely be on his way.

However, a CB would still be my first priority. Wouldn't mind Woodgate, depending on the financial package

Soldato
HangTime said:
Good player and I'm happy with that if the fee really is £7m or less. Pires must surely be on his way.

However, a CB would still be my first priority. Wouldn't mind Woodgate, depending on the financial package

Woodgate would be nice if he wasnt a walking sicknote!

+44

Soldato
I think this is a good sign. With the players covering vast amounts of different positions I think it will make us a lot stronger next year. Surely we cant get another bad run of injuries like this year.

And I totally agreed with you guys, Arsene must buy another CB. We have a couple of guys coming thro the ranks but it would be nice to have a player with experience as cover, say about 28 ish.

Plus still need that new goalie for the future...running out of time for a replacement. Lehman should hold out for another year or so though.

Back
Top Bottom