[X360] Table Tennis

Man of Honour
Yup, pre-ordered it today, £24.99 from Gameplay (along with Hitman: Blood Money) with a 5% discount as well on both titles. Should both hopefully arrive Thursday morning (which would be lovely as I have Thursday and Friday off work).

Soldato
Trying to decide between buying TT or Hitman this week. Will probably get Hitman and get TT when its (even) cheaper second hand.

Soldato
i'll no doubt buy it, gonna sell some of my other games too, that way i can get tourist trophy also ;)
i dunno about it though, in ox360 mag they had a wee mini review and it did say 'there's a reason its half the price of any other 360 game' which made me wonder lol

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Yup, pre-ordered it today, £24.99 from Gameplay (along with Hitman: Blood Money) with a 5% discount as well on both titles. Should both hopefully arrive Thursday morning (which would be lovely as I have Thursday and Friday off work).

Exactly the same as me :)

Had them on pre-order for some time and Gameplay finally recognised I spend lots of money with them and sent me a loyalty code :p

Associate
hmm bit of a downer, i was really looking forward to table tennis. Wasn't expecting a great deal of content with loads of arena's and show off animations and stuff, but decent gameplay in it. Me and a friend have been looking forward to some good rally's over xbox live.

meh

Soldato
i'm interested to know why its cheap?

Is it because it's pretty limited features wise? Or did they not think a full price table tennis game would sell more than 5 copies :p

IGN is going to have their review up at somepoint today so we'll see what they think of it.

Permabanned
Psycho Ned said:
i'm interested to know why its cheap?

Is it because it's pretty limited features wise? Or did they not think a full price table tennis game would sell more than 5 copies :p

IGN is going to have their review up at somepoint today so we'll see what they think of it.

Give this man a gong :D releasing simple budget priced title is a marketing staple. Im still young enough to remember being in a game shop and having to go right to the budget games because £40-£50 was beyond my means.

I think that to own a brand new title for the price of a budget release has to be attractive. It also means that older gamers like us lot with more money dont mind taking a risk on a game that in all honesty could be either great or distinctly average

Associate
It's £30 because it's a simpler game, a reasonable number of characters to choose, a few arenas and tables. Reasonably simple physics to program and a limited range of animations. It's makes for a much quicker game to produce and since wages are a companies main cost, there's less money needed.
Seems like they just wanted to dip their toes in the next gen console technoligy, produce something fun and learn from the process.

Back
Top Bottom