Which BIOS?

Associate
Hi all, i need to update my BIOS, as i havnt bothered in the year and a half that ive had my motherboard.

It's an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe, with a BIOS revision of 1002.

Is it importiant that i install the 1003 version?, or shall i jump to the latest version which is around 1012?

Associate
I to have an Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe and jumped from a low bios number to the latest version 1016 and have had ZERO problems, so just download 1016 and install that... :)

Associate
OP
Ok i will try, i have the BIOS that came with the motherboard at the moment, i was just worried as it advises against it on the Asus website.

Hopefully my mobo will let me use my new 2gig of ram after i update this BIOS.

Associate
OP
Also, i just remembered, im really new to this, and whats AWDFLASH.exe? do i need to install this too?

when i put my 2 gig of ram into the mobo it says and error message and something about this.

this is why im going to install the new bios.

Soldato
Possibly the easist way to update a BIOS on the A8N-SLI Deluxe is with the "ASUS Update V6.10.02 Install Program for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & for Windows 64bit XP/2003" from here <RIGHT click and save target as....(AsusUpdt61002.zip)

Have the new BIOS on your hard disc, and select Update BIOS from file from the pull down tab, and point it to the BIOS file.

The usual warning with updating your BIOS applies (if it aint bust then don't fix it)

Associate
The usual warning with updating your BIOS applies (if it aint bust then don't fix it)[/QUOTE]

Very true, however I couldn't get sli working before I flashed the bios, now it works a treat :D Doesn't this board have a backup bios?

Soldato
Doesn't this board have a backup bios?

NO.

Some gigabyte boards have that, but AFAIK ASUS never have.
The ASUS tool is fine proving you don't let it update over the web.
Do as I said in my post.

The downside to the ASUS tool is it wont allow you to go back to an earlier BIOS.
You need gopd old awdflash for that on a floppy (or CD I guess)

Associate
the asus website says this warning though

A8N-SLI Deluxe Bios version 1016
Please do read the description before updating BIOS
To avoid crashing file system, please do update the chipset driver to below version prior to this Bios.
For WinXP 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later
For WinXP 64bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later
For Win2k/2003 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.66 or later
For Win2003 64bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.66 or later

Back
Top Bottom