SONY is a liar

Soldato
meh things change over the course of a year...

but still, to say "7 controllers on bluetooth" and "WiFi as standard" one year... then the next say its down to 4 and there isn't WiFi as standard is a bit... er... stupid to say the least.

plans change tbh... nothing that amazing about it, disapointing yes... but if it had all the features they mentioned before... you're looking at a PS3 that costs £500-£600 knowing current trends :eek:

Commissario
As Nikebee says, things change over time.

However, I do think it was a rather silly move on Sony's part to state that it would have those features before they ever had anything like final hardware.
I suspect their PR department had a lot to do with them publishing specifications that early in the game, so that they could look good at the time.

Unfortunately these days it seems most companies like to hype up their technical specs on hardware, even when those specifications are still under review and subject to major changes (something that is likely to annoy people who had got excited over those specs).

I guess what i'm saying is, never beleive early specifications for anything as there are so many factors that can cause them to change (costs, manufacturing problems, pesky patent infringment cases).

Soldato
me too, I am not a fanboy, just a bit tired of sony lying and treating the UK market like ****. we expect a certain ammount on "creativity" in marketing, but sony just go well beyond that into full blown lies at every given opportunity.
Dont forget the PS3 is going to be twice as powerfull as an x360, oh and the playstation2 which would have toy story graphics and be dreamcast *10. lol

Caporegime
Hmmm interesting but lets be honest, how many sony fan boys kids are really going to be that concerned that there is no built in wifi etc etc. I just asked my mate, whos a pure sony fan boy and he turned round and said whats bluetooth and WIFI?? :p. No i kid you not, hes 25 and hasnt a clue on technology. So i guess what im trying to say is that the bulk of the people buying the ps3 wont really give a hoot about whether it has bluetooth or built in WIFI.
Yes i know most if not on here are concerned about such things, hell id be if i was even remotely interested in buying a ps3 but im not. Wont spend any money on such an overhyped console tbh.

As for the people boo hoo-ing about the swipes at Sony, well like its been said Sony is doing a fine job of that themselves. Stupid ridiculous pricing for a console...i really do feel sorry for the parents who are forced to buy one for johnny jr:p.

Soldato
james.miller said:
its true. a lot of guys are are taking the amazingly ignorant "dont buy it if you cant afford it, or get a better job". what about the kids?
I find it surprising that I'm defending Sony - but it's not just a toy for the kiddies at Christmas. Even at the £270 price point MS set for the 360, you could say 'what about the kids?'. Are companies now under an obligation to price their products so that everyone can afford one without a problem?

As I've said before, I'm not a Sony 'fan' - but this constant swiping at them is getting a little tiresome don't you think?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I understand that companies are aloud to change there mind on what they put into there product, but I think they have a responsibility to produce an end product that has most of the stuff they have announced for it, or even better due to the fact they have refined the design.

it not just that its the "artist impression" that they released last year that look nothing like the final game.

I know they have been doing it for years but that doesnt mean you should just accpet it.

i think there has to point where sony has set a realistic goals, because once again there have disapointed a lot of people.

Soldato
Everyone is also considering that people on here consist of a huge percentage of the total market share.

99% of the people who buy any technology product wont know the specification until its released anyway, so stop bashing sony for no good reason.

Dont get me wrong - they should keep to what they state in the earlier conferences, but as suggested above maybe its the PR dept's fault for wanting stuff there when it wont be as standard?

Happens in every company to one extent or another and the more a company is relying on the said product the more blatent it will be.

Soldato
deSade said:
I find it surprising that I'm defending Sony - but it's not just a toy for the kiddies at Christmas. Even at the £270 price point MS set for the 360, you could say 'what about the kids?'. Are companies now under an obligation to price their products so that everyone can afford one without a problem?

As I've said before, I'm not a Sony 'fan' - but this constant swiping at them is getting a little tiresome don't you think?

i dont think there is a constant swiping at them :confused: i had reservations about the price of the 360, let alone the ps3 being £150+ more expensive. My dislike for the price has nothing to do with it being sony, its to do with it being overpriced.

I think all this "stop basing sony" lark is getting tiresome. Its just an excuse not to find faults with their products.

Caporegime
JUMPURS said:
Surely you can all just have one Anti Sony thread and keep it all in there, so people who have an open mind can avoid it?

And yours is an open one?

Quick to pick holes in the 360 and even quicker to defend the sony. Doesnt sound like an open mind to me.

I've not gotten involved in a ps3 conversation at all. Its not worth it, it's not here yet for me to look at. Regardless £400 plus is to much for me, if its good and comes down £100 or so I will consider it.

Back
Top Bottom