Smartguardian

Associate
hi

I recently (after much frustration) downloaded the Smartguardian program from the ITE site, as the Asus Q-Fan control is crap.
I found this prog to be quite versatile (although i still cant control fan2 & 3)

I then found out that DFI actually have this prg listed in their support section, so i downloaded that version to compare.

It would appear they r different versions, the ITE site version is 111kb, the DFI version is 5.7mb!

Included extras in the DFI version are a prog called smart-speed-NF4, which i couldnt get to work stably on my asus NF4

I couldnt get a version number from the ITE file, but it has more options for fan control even though tis a smaller file.

Does anyone know which version is newer? and does the smartspeed prog work ok on DFI boards?

Associate
OP
Its not DFI only, its for any board which uses the IT8712F PWM chip.

it just so happens that the DFI's and the A8N-E both use it, as im sure many NF4 boards do.

Btw ive used speedfan for ages on my A8V Deluxe, but it has issues with this board, mainly te fact that when it access certain buses it freezes mouse for a split second. Great prog otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom