Which Phone ?

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Hi There

I started up a contract last year with 02 on anytime 200 and got a K750i and it appears in the next 2 weeks its time to upgrade.

I really like the D600, what do you guys think ? Good phone / Bad phone is there anything better out there ?

Important things to me are

Music on my phone, like to have a few tunes playing @ work sometimes

Decent Camera - Gotta have it because im allways out and about and dont allways have my normal cam

Easy to text - Allways txting the missus / mates so i want something thats as easy as my k750 if not easyer

Hardy - gets bashed about in my pocket a lot, my K750 has just about taken the strain with one warrenty return but at the moment it looks like its been dropped from a 10 storey building :p

Suggestions are needed ppl !

Sam

Caporegime
Only phone im gonna recommend is the SE W810i which basically fulfills all your needs tbh.
I have one and absolutely love it, such a nice and feature packed phone even though some of the functions i have no need for but the fact that they are there is quite comforting.
Its also a pretty hardwearing phone, i keep mine in my pocket and as of yet no scratches etc on the screen and the pocket it resides in has keys and my wallet so plenty of scratches could be had but for some reason SE make excellent screens. Also the W810i has a much better screen than previous models.

Unless you hold off awhile, the new k800i is out very soon June-July-ish i think. That has a 3.2mp camera on it and seems like a very nice phone...might end up buying one and giving my w810i to my mum as she quite likes the w810i.

Soldato
There aint many phones that are thay much better than your K750i atm. I would recomend the N80 but might not last the time if your going to wreck it. Wait a month or two for the K800i would be your best bet, save you getting the simular phone again.

Soldato
Nokia phone with camera and vibrating alert, any good?

post40511483735656dm.jpg

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
wesley said:
Nokia phone with camera and vibrating alert, any good?

post40511483735656dm.jpg

Tiny bit to big :( otherwise it would be perfect ;)

In the end i went for an 18 month contract with the W810I 300 minutes and 750 texts. Anyone know anywhere i can get the official incar charger cheap ? Any decent cases out there ?

Cheers

Sam

Soldato
Sam said:
Tiny bit to big :( otherwise it would be perfect ;)

In the end i went for an 18 month contract with the W810I 300 minutes and 750 texts. Anyone know anywhere i can get the official incar charger cheap ? Any decent cases out there ?

Cheers

Sam

In the end you got blaged, lol. No, if your happy with that then great. Best places for things like that would be ebay tbh.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Just had a call from 02 to say that the W810 is out of stock till the 1st of june. They also said they wanted £269 for the Nokia N91

:( Guess ill have to wait

Soldato
Sam said:
Just had a call from 02 to say that the W810 is out of stock till the 1st of june. They also said they wanted £269 for the Nokia N91

:( Guess ill have to wait

Look, lol. Get you pack code and go and find you self a good deal. Or even tell O2 your leaving unless they sort you out the N91 for free. Oh, and please dont go for a 18 month contract.

Soldato
I managed to blag an N91 on O2 for free and got it yesterday (mini-review coming soon ;)) from an O2 shop.

I rang them up as i'm on an online contract and they said they were out of stock until July :eek: but they said if an O2 shop has the phone in stock give them a bell and I can pick up the phone there and then! You never used to able to do that :)

I just find 18 months is a very long time to have one phone. I'd rather have 12 months and have maybe slightly less mins/txts every month but i'd have a new phone every year, and thus sell the old one!

t3h :cool:

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Explain....... Better trarifs maybe, but cheaper?

Yep, considering what the top phones can do, also the prices at most stores for the phones go down with an 18 month contract. And I havent noticed the prices for a 12 month actually Raised to counter this. Therefore, cheaper handsets.

Its been shown that the average customer upgrades 15-20 months after first getting the contract, (i see it at work a lot), but then again there are that group who want to upgrade on the day they can.

EDIT - as for me explaining, I asked you why not to go for an 18 month contract. :p

Soldato
Kappa said:
Yep, considering what the top phones can do, also the prices at most stores for the phones go down with an 18 month contract. And I havent noticed the prices for a 12 month actually Raised to counter this. Therefore, cheaper handsets.

Its been shown that the average customer upgrades 15-20 months after first getting the contract, (i see it at work a lot), but then again there are that group who want to upgrade on the day they can.

EDIT - as for me explaining, I asked you why not to go for an 18 month contract. :p

Well like I say a lot on here you dont realy pay for the mins, there are loads of contract that you can get now that have free mins and free rental, so thats no problem. As for 12 month Vs 18 you are right, for some people its not a problem being on an 18 month because they wont upgrade untill worund 24 months any way. But this is a mobile phone fourm and I always asume people know what there talking about and wont the best deal/phone as cheaply as they can. For all bar very very few deals its always cheaper to pay slightly more for the phone say £50 and they stick to a 12 motnh contract then pay an extra £35 (for example) for the extra 6 months, and get the phone "free".

Soldato
spirit said:
what about the top end flext tarrifs with 25% off @ 18m?

Well you cant get that deal anymore any way, and what about them? I dont see whats so great. T-mobile do a relax tariff with 500 mins and 200txts for £35 p/m and thats a 12 months contract, with the same phones avaliable.

Soldato
TBH i only see 18 month contracts being worth it on vodafone (more voda pimping!) as Stop The Clock is available only on an 18 month plan.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Well you cant get that deal anymore any way, and what about them? I dont see whats so great. T-mobile do a relax tariff with 500 mins and 200txts for £35 p/m and thats a 12 months contract, with the same phones avaliable.

Flext 18 month for £35 is 675 mins and 450 texts.

That's a significant amount more.

Andy

Soldato
Spamalot said:
But its effectively £17.50 more per month.

how do you figure that?

12 month isnt the be all and end all of mobile phone contracts.

I dont understand why people have this 'thing' against 18 month contracts. The main reason you would want to have a 12 month is to upgrade ASAP. 18 months, as I said, provide you with a better tariff, and a cheaper phone (when considering vodafone), theres no down side unless you want to upgrade within a year, otherwise you only have to wait 16 months. in effect I would rather have a better tariff, as I normally buy new phones sim free 6 months down the line anyway.

Back
Top Bottom