F2S......Goodbye

Associate
Anyone else having problems with F2S since going to MAX?

I was upgraded on the first day that MAX was available and since then my upload has been greater than my download, with my download topping out at a whopping 25KB/s.

I've raised numerous support tickets with them since my 10 day bedding in time had finished and not one of them has been actioned or responded to. Spent over an hour in the tech support queue the other day without getting to speak to anyone and finally lost my rag and cancelled via the web interface last night.

Anyone else in the same position?

Currently thinking about giving NTL a go. Hear that their 2 Meg package is getting upgraded to 4 Meg as from the 1st June. Their saver bundle should save me some money (TV and phone too), but I'm still a bit sceptical about going over to them, heard some awful reports in the past. Have asked a couple of mates locally about the service and neither of them have had any problems so will more than likely give them a go.

Cable here i come :D

Soldato
i used to work in their tech support until last month, the problems with max seem to be bt, you need an isp that is easy to get in touch with so you can report a fault to bt, f2s is not in a good place to do that for you now as they lost a lot of support staff.

I'm on ntl and i love it, almost no problems (the odd outage, the odd network fault, a duff cable modem), from my experience working with ADSL (random bt ceases, random losing sync, max dsl problems, slow and rubbish BT wholesale response, stale sessions etc etc) i can recommend it :D

Soldato
NTL is great....until you have a problem. Then you have to deal with customer services which is frankly, apaulling. Last time I phoned for technical support I spent 45mins in a queue during which time I fixed the problem myself and hung up:D

Having said that, in 5 years of use, I've rarely had any problems.

Associate
im with f2s since being on max things seem to be a bit slower, i would go with ntl only problem we cant get it here :( so it looks like im stuck with them now

Associate
OP
Well, gotta say that so far I'm impressed with NTL.
Phoned them about an hour ago to get a price, liked the sound of what they told me and as a result they are coming to install on Thursday. No messing, no waiting makes me a happy bunny :)

Lets just hope it works now ;)

Getting the 4MB upgrade too plus ALL the tv channels free for the first month to see what I think of them. Woot woot. Oh, and not forgetting a 20quid/month discount for the first 3 months. Can't grumble at that.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Yeah. F2S support used to be excellent, unfortunately there virtually is no support now. I raised a ticked about 1month ago, still no answer. :(
I raised a ticket a month ago, got a reply about raising a BT fault due to countless disconnections in a day. Only got that reply after Zap said he'd look into it to find out why I hadn't got a response. I've had no reply since then - even Helen on AG said she'd chase it up for me, still heard nothing.

Safe to say I'll be off elsewhere before the next billing date. Customer Support has gone from average to completely non-existant. Heard stories of people waiting for over 1hr15mins on hold and still not getting a response - on an 0870 number as well!

Soldato
Well the problem I had with disconnections, which is why I initially raised the ticket, as now been sorted thanks to a new router. But I was considering the possibility of getting MaxDSL. Think I might look elsewhere for that now.

Back
Top Bottom