• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Riva Tuner Playing Silly Bug***s

Soldato
ok guys downloaded riva tuner and slowly upped my clocks to 550/829 tested them and they passed. i lost the clocks because i forgot to save them went back into it and set the clocks again tested and didn't pass (this is within 10seconds of them passing), so it would let me apply the clocks. I exited riva tuner went back into and have now managed to get them to pass at 555/832 i saved them to a profile and everything is fine now if i try and create another profile it won't let me clock it past 550/826 just won't pass yet it's running fine on 555/832.

Is this a common fault or is my riva tuner just playing silly sods?

Soldato
Does that to me as well. On boot up I can get my 6800Ultra to pass the test at 480/1280 yet when I try to downclock it to 465/1260 it says test failed and then reverts the clocks back up again. :confused:

Soldato
Out of interest, with RT RC 16, does the client auto detect an OC range when ebaling driver overclocking? Mine does not, although it does allow you to alter timings.

Also, what kind of temps are you gettign with your card, both at idle and load?

on x64, using the signed 84.25 x64 drivers, it idles at around 51 and hits 70 under load.

Cheers, Paul.

EDIT, actually I've just noticed something, RT is running in "Hardware emulation mode"?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Now then, I'm rather hoping it's down to the fact the drivers for x64 aren't particularly good which accounts for the mich higher temps.

Although, and here it comes, I'm using the PCIE - 2 molex connectors to connect up my card and I have to say I did plug molex connectors into both available (that the splitter provides) over powering/ hence running hotter perhaps?

Hmmm, Paul.

EDIT - I just noticed in your sig, 550 / 1800?!?!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
urm nope check my sig again lol it's a little outdated my card is now running at 555/1604mhz on stock volts and stock cooling! for an update i just was gaming for around 3 hours last nite the cards temps are idle 40c and load (during gaming) 50c, not bad on a stock cooler that :D

Back
Top Bottom