Prov licence for HGV how do I know ?

Associate
Ok another question applied for prov licence for HGV group and went for medical as required my licence came back from the DVLA but it took much longer than normal and this was due to the fact that DVLA wrote to my G.P asking for more details.. now I thought because nothing was said I had got my provisional BUT recently on looking at my mates Driving licence on the back where it shows the various categories he is allowed to drive it is excatlyt the same as mine.

So question is how do I tell if the prov licence has been granted is it on the paper version of my licence or would I have to phone the DVLA (just assumed that I had been granted it) but now a bit concerned as after me hols I will be starting a course.

Caporegime
Your categorys are displayed on the back of the photocard licence, they should also be listed on a paper licence.

C1 Category is your 7.5 ton / provisional heavy goods category, if you passed your category B (car) test prior to 1.1.1997 then your automatically entitled to drive 7.5 tonners and therefore already have a provisional HGV / LGV licence.

I took this picture at the OC/UK Birmingham meet (comparing points etc I - yes, I've got 6!) my licence card (with its Class C1, C, C+E etc - the truck categorys ) is top right the other cards have just car entitlement.
meetbrum9.jpg

Is this what you mean?

Also, you should have one of these,
d4.jpg

once you've passed a medical that is.
Apologies for the delay in replying to this question, alas, I've been away in a truck all week! :o

I'll try to help further if I can. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom