recomend me a motor !

Soldato
i'm on the lookout for a new motor
must be:
family pref estate.
fast or fast diesel(i know i'm going to regret that!)
to get a good idea on my list is as follows
A4 avant S4 - 3lt - or poss 2.5/3.0 TDi
MG ZTT the V8 beasty
Scooby forester STi (mi 'ol mukka spanker was telling me about a guy here who has one, looked them up and that looks damn fine, although insurance is bothering me on that one, i can't imagine it'll be cheap ie £1k+, 700nika for the S4 i can live with)
Jag X-type est 3.0 ?? don't like the wheels much but thats easily sorted / maybe there is a sporty number out there i haven't seen.

i'm sure you get the jist, £25k is the budget and really want an 02 plate +
the S4 is no1 for me at the mo, but i think if i heard the ztt z8 thinks could easily change ;)

Soldato
Dead Dog said:
Scooby forester STi (mi 'ol mukka spanker was telling me about a guy here who has one, looked them up and that looks damn fine, although insurance is bothering me on that one, i can't imagine it'll be cheap ie £1k+, 700nika for the S4 i can live with)

you got a 25k budget and are worrying about a few hunder quid for insurance?

Associate
Non of those cars are particularly appealing to me although the S4 is quite good but you'll lose a few £ in depreciation on it compared to a 3 series.

Last edited:
Soldato
MGs tend to get high premiums for some reason - perhaps it's due to possible parts shortages/average driver age?

I'd have thought the S4 would be desirable though :confused:

It's bizzare - I could get insured on a group 15 2.6 litre Audi A4 Quattro for the same price as a group 11 MG ZR 120

Man of Honour
You will get an absolutely mint, fully loaded with every option 530d Sport for well under £20k on an 03 plate.

Better than everything on that list :p

c4_3.JPG

fd_3.JPG

Want a petrol? Get a mint, loaded, 540i Sport for the same sort of money.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i keep looking and i keep going back to the s4 and ztt v8
bit gutted rang for both, and the ones i was looking at were gone :( , still - another day another week another autotrader!

the 5 looses it at the back for me, don't like the look, looks like the tail gate has been cut & shut from another car.
3 is nice but not sure how much space they have
+ i'd rather not have a BM, spanker would give me far too much carp for me to live with + i'm no estate agent :D / ducks and runs for cover !

Back
Top Bottom