packard bell maestro 19in widescreen

Soldato
might be able to pick one of these up locally for 200 notes. here's the blurb....

340x250displaymaestrofront4vr.jpg

Diagonal screen size 19" Wide
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast ratio 500:1
Response time 8 ms
Maximum resolution 1440 x 900 … 75 Hz
Outputs DVI et VGA
Integrated speakers 2 x 2 watts
Monitor dimensions 532x140x500 mm
Power 240V AC <30W
Power consumption 25 W
Energy saving Energy Star/VESA DPMS / VESA DDC 1/2B

i'm guessing for the price/size, it uses the same tn film panel as the acer/viewsonic 19inchers on ocuk. can anyone confirm this? also does anyone have one and have an opinion. it seems it has 1 dvi and 2 vga inputs which is handy. :D

Soldato
OP
i think i'm going to get the acer instead as it'll match my case.... :o :p

i was thinking of getting the above purely for convenience reasons but i'm not too happy with the black bezel. :D

Soldato
OP
excuse the quality....

picture00020yq.jpg

picture00012zl.jpg

obviously the crap photos don't reflect it, but i can't believe the difference between this and my old crt. the quality/level of detail you see is like the difference between night and day. well happy with my purchase even if it was from a dubious retailer... :eek: :p

looking at a blackscreen doesn't look too hot but then that's not what i bought it for. colours look great, nice and uniform all over the screen. games are fine - admittedly only tested with gta:sa and pes5 but they look great. i'm just re-installing hl2 also. :)

minor niggle so far, and that's you can't see the bios/windows startup screen over the dvi. been running on vga for the last day but now i've got windows setup how i want, i'm going to switch over to dvi to see if i can notice the difference.

Soldato
OP
monkeybutt said:
Looks very nice indeed. Not sure about the stand though, could have been better looking! lol

Is there backlight bleed?

yup the stand isn't nice but i'm too busy looking at the screen to notice. :D

here's a shot of a black image (you must take into account this was taken with my phone... :p)

picture00016uf.jpg

that's good enough for me.

i connected up my crt earlier for some dual screen goodness and it looked so bad i had to turn it off. it really was that poor.... :D

Permabanned
Glad you are happy with the TFT. Looks sweet. I am going to look at one tomorrow in that well known PC rip-off store!

Will this TFT run games etc ok on 7600 GT?

Soldato
OP
well i only have an agp x800gto with 128mb ddr 1 memory (@stock) and my old games play fine. i haven't got any new games for ages.... :o

hl2 plays fine at native res 1440x900
cod2 dx7 mode fine at native
pes5 have to play at 1152x864 as it doesn't support widescreen
gta:sa fine at native
flatout fine at native

i play most games with all settings on high but no aa/af.

bear in mind 1440x900 is actually less pixels than most 17/19 inch monitors native res of 1280x1024. and it's only 5% more than my old crt res of 1280x960

your 7600gt will be fine with most games at native res except fear, oblivion and cod2 in dx9 mode.... :p

edit: you need to play with the brightness and contract controls for it to look good. by default

brightness is 80 (far too much. mine is at 15)
contrast is 50 (changed mine to 75)

Last edited:
Permabanned
marc2003 said:
your 7600gt will be fine with most games at native res except fear, oblivion and cod2 in dx9 mode.... :p

What do you mean by that? Will these games look or play bad at that Res with a 7600 GT?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
monkeybutt said:
marc2003 said:
your 7600gt will be fine with most games at native res except fear, oblivion and cod2 in dx9 mode.... :pQUOTE]

What do you mean by that? Will these games look or play bad at that Res with a 7600 GT?

i just don't think it'll be powerful enough to play those games i mentioned at this res with a decent frame rate. i used to have a 6800gt and that really struggled at 1024x768 with cod2 in dx9 mode. obviously your 7600gt is a better card but i still think it will struggle with graphics intensive games at 1440x900.

edit: best off asking in the graphics forum as i'm a little bit out of the loop with new games/cards... :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thanks mate. Not bought the 7600 GT yet but it is at the top of my list. I did like the 7900 but not interested at the moment with the problems they are having.

Permabanned
Still looking at getting a TFT. I am swaying between a good 17" or maybe even this Packard Bell TFT! Not sure which way to go? The Packard Bell looks superb in the flesh too. My only concern is what games will look / act on it.

Just need to get one and try it i suppose.

If anyone has got any views on the Packard Bell please let me know. Ta

Soldato
i was looking at the monitor on sunday at that big shop thats always on tv.
looks a nice TFT and i was going to get one, till i turned the corner of the display and seen the LG 20in widescreen TFT.
i came a way with the LG and im very pleased with it, cost me £279

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom