Water cooling

Associate
theres masses of em to choose from, but a few things I'd bare in mind:

Thermochill rad of some form, cooled by akasa amber or alike.

go for a 1/2" tubing system as it allows best flow rate.

apply all cores with as5.

for a first attempt only go for cooling your CPU and GFX dont bother with the NB.

i got an Alphacool Nexxxos XP CPU block and a Swiftech MCw60 VGA block, combined with a Laing 12v pump with the plexi top and a 5.25" Danger Den Bay res. Good bits for the price, I get 27' idle and 36' load on my OC system (sig) :)

Soldato
What exaxctly are you cooling with this rig ?
please try to read the other watercoolign threads amongst this part of the forum... theres a lot to read but yiou will eb an expert by the time you get to the bottom of the forum !

Soldato
ive had / got / selling in mm that kit and its not bad. its no where near extreme watercooling, but for extreme watercooling you have to pay extreme prices. cant really remember the temps i was getting but it was cooling my furnace foa smithfield core 830 !

it should giev you a nose abouve the best aircooling ont he markeyt but its VERY VERY quiet if not silent.
just not elot of room for improvement really. good to egt ** feet wet though.

Permabanned
R B CUSTOMS said:
ive had / got / selling in mm that kit and its not bad. its no where near extreme watercooling, but for extreme watercooling you have to pay extreme prices. cant really remember the temps i was getting but it was cooling my furnace foa smithfield core 830 !

it should giev you a nose abouve the best aircooling ont he markeyt but its VERY VERY quiet if not silent.
just not elot of room for improvement really. good to egt ** feet wet though.

thats what im after really, :) i cant aford a proffesional WC set up and was going to spend £26 on an air cooler anyway, im not going too mental with my overclocks, taking my opty 146 up to 2.85Ghz. im already at 2.7Ghz with temps of 41oC idle and 50oC under load and thats with my little Vantech Mach 1 air cooler.

my only worry is leakage and how to fit the bloody thing... :confused:

Man of Honour
the thermaltake kit isnt amazing but it does its job, i have one in one of my pc's just for the cpu bout all it could cope with but it works about as well as a top end air cooler but just a lot more silent. Its a perfect starting position into watercooling... then later on you can move up to a more high end one

Permabanned
weescott said:
If you are going to do watercooling then do it properly and leave Thermaltack alone. You can get decent performing kit for under £80. You just need to look for it.

hey, £26 was my budget for air cooling... £30 plus postage for this kit will do me fine. :) besides, my graphics cards virtually silent as it is, i only need to cool the cpu.

Soldato
Mine cools my CPU and 2 GPU's just fine with only a single 120mm rad. Sure the temps could be lower with a 120.2, but I haven't got the space. For the price it's ok, certainly nice and quiet once you replace the awful fan that comes with it :D

Associate
I have 2 thermaltake waterblocks on my Dual Xeon system, keeps it @ 40-41 full load, seem to be made welll and came with everything needed to fit including 3 sets of hose connectors! and they have a pretty blue LED in them :p

Associate
Hi , the swiftech ultra is a good kit to start with , good quality , the only bit i didnt like is the res so i changed it to a danger den bay type , i also changed the cpu block to a storm but tbh there isnt any difference there

Associate
andy what kind of temps are you getting on the gfx cards? Are you running the 1900 mastercard, as I heard from Coolasmoo that the composition chip needs a heatsink..

Associate
raja said:
andy what kind of temps are you getting on the gfx cards? Are you running the 1900 mastercard, as I heard from Coolasmoo that the composition chip needs a heatsink..

Hi Raja i got both blocks and the master block comes with composite cooler , i havnt got my master card yet , but these coolers are awesome

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Associate
Hi,

Are you running them on a seperate loop, or with cpu?

What are your load temps for gpu and cpu?

If cpu is on the same loop, what rad and fans are you using?

I'm wondering which fans to get, as I want quiet ones, that can be ramped up. The Nexus fans seem to be good, though not quite as fast @ 12v as the Yate Loons.

Those blocks are quite expensive, for 2 block it would cost loads, my major concern for that kind of expenditure would be that they may not fit future cards.

Sorry for all the questions, curious atm as you know I'm going over to water cooling soon.

Regards
Raja

Associate
Hi Raja , my kit started out as a swiftech ultra , i changed the res to a danger den drive bay type as it looks a lot better , and changed the cpu cooler to a storm block at full load at 333times 9 i dont hit 50 and that is with the gpu on the same loop, i have added an extra fan on top of the rad running at full speed the two underside have resistors in series

my case is posted here , bit untidy with the cables but i dont suppose it will ever be finished , the blocks are expensive but i used swiftech blocks and ram sinks before and they are ok , but i had some money in paypal that was burning a hole in my pocket , and they are nice and tidy and cool and put less strain on the cards.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

edit : i still have a mcw55 and ramsinks in for sale section if anyones interested

Back
Top Bottom