What small things do I need?

Associate
Ok guys im ordering the parts now and was wondering what else i needed? I mean like where do i buy an anti static band and what else do i need to get?? Artic compound? This is my first attempt to build a PC!! i need to know before 5.pm please!

regards

S

Associate
arctic compund you can buy from OcUK, as for the anti-static band, havent got a clue - good luck, hope you got some help as its the first time you're doing it.....

HF :D

you might not need AS but its still nice to have, because a lot of components come with their own thermal compound pre-applied.....

dont forget screwdrivers, etc,

Soldato
Your cooler should come with thermal compound already applied. However, if you want the best possible heat transfer, then youll need some Arctic Silver 5. All the relevant instructions and cleaning info can be found on their website.

If you're NOT using the stock cooler, it may well be worth finding out what thermal paste comes applied on your cooler. I found out my Arctic Cooling 64 Pro had MX-1 pre-applied which is just as good as AS5 - saved me a job :D

You don't actually NEED an anti-static wristband. When building mine I just touched one of the copper pipes on a radiator every 5-10 minutes. However, if you're really paranoid then spending a fiver on a wristband is good peace of mind. After all, whats a fiver when you could fry a 300 quid component lol. You can get wristbands from loads of places, just Google it.

The only other things you need to build a PC is a clear working area, preferably on a desk. Get EVERYTHING out of its boxes - but leave in anti-static bags - and check nothing is missing or visibly damaged. Then go ahead and build your pc :D

Make sure you have a screw driver too lol

EDIT: Its also handy to have another computer, preferably a laptop, close by in case you have trouble with something. Obviously if don't have another PC you will just have to muddle through :)

SiriusB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom