The English.

Associate
<(Multi)> said:
We're leaving the Welsh there I heard!!??

Well we can always hope ;)

Honestly though - I am unfortunately of the beleif that once we've raped the place of any natural resource that we need, or anything else, we will pull out and find somewhere else to attack.

Associate
OP
Matteh said:
Well we can always hope ;)

Honestly though - I am unfortunately of the beleif that once we've raped the place of any natural resource that we need, or anything else, we will pull out and find somewhere else to attack.
Yup I agree with this. I am left wondering why this country (and the yanks) actually went to war with Iraq.

Associate
csmager said:
We leave, Civil War ensues, more death.

We have to stay and finish the job now, or it'll just get worse.

This is how I see it.

No matter the validity of the initial invasion, it would certainly be better to actually see the job through and try and install some stability into the country rather than just scarper surely? I think that it is naive to think otherwise.

Suspended
penski said:
THEY HAD WMDS!!!!

OMFG!

Don't you watch the news?!

*n

They found a box of grenades and some AK-47's.....oooh scary. Iraq's one trillion 500 Galvatron ;) nuclear warhead ICBM's have been moved into Syria, Iran, North Korea.

How convienent. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
squiffy said:
They found a box of grenades and some AK-47's.....oooh scary. Iraq's one trillion 500 Galvatron ;) nuclear warhead ICBM's have been moved into Syria, Iran, North Korea.

THERE WERE WMDS!

Tony Bush said it on the news.

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE OUR ESTEEMED LEADER THEN YOU ARE A TERRORIST (but not the good, Irish kind).

*n

Associate
Gavstar said:
This is how I see it.

No matter the validity of the initial invasion, it would certainly be better to actually see the job through and try and install some stability into the country rather than just scarper surely? I think that it is naive to think otherwise.

I agree with seeing things through, I guess that in truth my cynicism (sp?) relates mainly to the initial invasion but I do still think that aside from trying to install 'stability' to a country where anarchy is an everyday event, our government and that of the US are also trying to protect potential assets.

As Tru says, there was Civil war before we came and there will be civil war when we leave. All the meanwhile more of our troops will lose their lives. I know thats a sad fact of war, before anyone mentions it, but hey - we're not supposed to be at war anymore ;)

Soldato
The British, surely?

Will said:
Around the same time as the Scots and the Welsh who are there as well I expect ;)

(insert sheep joke here)

penski said:
THERE WERE WMDS!

Tony Bush said it on the news.

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE OUR ESTEEMED LEADER THEN YOU ARE A TERRORIST (but not the good, Irish kind).

*n

JIHAD JIHAD!!! 911 911!! BIN LADEN!!!!

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
squiffy said:

How dastardly, just one step ahead of the 'Forces of Light and Righteousness'. The only way they can be stopped is by pre-emptive strikes on countries that may, just may, harbour them. Ohh and any natural resources to help with the continuing war effort will, of course, be a bonus. Oh and North Korea looks a little bit scary and may give us a thick lip...

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The question:

SoSolid said:
When will the english leave Iraq and stop the war that has caused so much death? Thoughts / opinions on the matter.

My answer:

If they aren't out by the next General Election, they will be soon after. I doubt Labour have got anything left in them to win another term in office, unless the Conservatives manage to self-destruct again....which is always a possibility.

Options for getting out before the GE - as soon as there's even the slightest chance that the country will remain stable for the 39.06 seconds required to drop everything and beat a hast retreat, they'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom