XDA Mini S or....

Man of Honour
Currently got an A1000 and a XDA Exec.

Looking at changing the A1000 to another Windows Mobile phone...

Was thinking of picking up a Mini S tomorrow...however that's gone out the window ever since I saw...

The O2 XDA trion...

Essentially the same phone but with minor tweaks, Bluetooth2, 3g, 2megapixel camera, oh - and it's slightly uglier.

So...should I wait for it *July apparently* or just get the Mini S

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3062

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... :confused: :confused:

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
StevenG said:
OOOO that is a "little" more ugly. whats with the internet and messaging buttons being raised it just looks funny lol. they keyboard aint that nice either. i'll stick with my XDA mini s...

well I dont think you would buy any XDA (well the first mini maybe) for the looks, hope you dont think your mini S looks good? :eek:

Soldato
NO not in the slightest its big bulky and just "plain" lol. but yea your right i got it for... i dont know. just because i could go on messenger tbh lol. amongst other things like the big screen and being able to play divx movies :D

Soldato
As a Mini S owner I'd be tempted to wait. The Mini S isn't exactly a headturner and the Trion seems to have some tewaks which would turn it into a "great" phone rather than a "good" phone.

It's got a nice processor speed bump, they've made the softkey buttons on the keyboard actually lineup with we're they're supposed to be on the screen and it has a better camera/3G support. Assuming they don't bring out another version of this before January (yes it's a bit far off I know) I'll be upgrading to it next as I love my Mini S to bits.

n3x

n3x

Associate
Guys sorry to hijack but im abit of a smartphone noob and ive been thinking about getting one of these mini s's and would like to know what kinda things it can do compared to the likes of standard phones like the k750 which i have at the moment.

I know the camera isnt gonna be as good but how does it compare for playing mp3's and videos? is it all done through a basic version of windows media player? can you view vids fullscreen? wots the wifi like?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey Simon! You probably saw us all playing with our exec's at the AT meet :p. It's a great phone but its a bit huge. If i new your were looking into getting one i would have let you use mine for a day and give it a test run.

It does EVERYTHING and is very fast at what it does (once i upgraded the shoddy tmobile rom). Lovely phone/PDA, but as i said, its huge as phone/PDA's go.

The HTC Hermes is what i'm actually after and as soon as it comes out i'm selling up and getting that :).

Man of Honour
OP
n3x said:
Guys sorry to hijack but im abit of a smartphone noob and ive been thinking about getting one of these mini s's and would like to know what kinda things it can do compared to the likes of standard phones like the k750 which i have at the moment.

I know the camera isnt gonna be as good but how does it compare for playing mp3's and videos? is it all done through a basic version of windows media player? can you view vids fullscreen? wots the wifi like?

My Exec is very good at all of the above...

Using TCPMP as a media player as it plays most video's very very well. Still a few codec's that aren't supported *realmedia for example...which is a pain with the bbc's web site streaming everything in realmedia*

Camera is ok - nothing particularly special though. I generally carry my camera around with me anyway.

As for what it can do in comparison with a k750 - everything, pretty much. It just does it better. For a start - it's not got anything to do with Sony. ;)

LeperousDust said:
Hey Simon! You probably saw us all playing with our exec's at the AT meet :p. It's a great phone but its a bit huge. If i new your were looking into getting one i would have let you use mine for a day and give it a test run.

The HTC Hermes is what i'm actually after and as soon as it comes out i'm selling up and getting that :).

*looks at first line of his post..*
Already got an Exec - looking for something to replace the A1000 :D

Thinking of waiting for the Trion now - damn - have to live with the A1000

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Flibster said:
*looks at first line of his post..*
Already got an Exec - looking for something to replace the A1000 :D

Thinking of waiting for the Trion now - damn - have to live with the A1000

Simon/~Flibster
Bah :o was in a rush and going out for a meal.
I read it as you had the A1000 and were looking at the Exec. :(

Back
Top Bottom