ANTI VIRUS OR INTERNET SECURITY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
HI

I DESPERATELY NEED SOME SORT OF ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE FOR MY PC, ONLY I DONT KNOW WHAT IS BEST TO HAVE....ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE OR INTERNET SECURITY SOFTWARE? OR CAN I HAVE BOTH RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME? I USE THE INTERNET A LOT! ALSO, WHICH ONE IS BEST TO GO FOR? I'VE HEARD BITDEFENDER IS VERY GOOD?????

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP.

Soldato
OMGCAPS

People really Rate NOD32 as an Antivirus.. and yes you can have a firewall aswell.. I can personally rate Sygate Personal firewall :)

Soldato
Hi there,

Quite a bit discussion on it here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17578120.

====

Sum up that thread:

You should have an anitvirus software, firewall and spyware cleaner type software.

Best Package of Software if you have money to spend

• NOD32
  • ZoneAlarm Firewall
  • SpywareBlaster
  • CCleaner
  • Spybot Search and Destroy

Best Package of Software if you don't have money to spend

• AVAST
  • ZoneAlarm Firewall
  • SpywareBlaster
  • CCleaner
  • Spybot Search and Destroy

Pretty much the same apart from the antivirus.

Hope it helps!

Soldato
I had EZ antivirus on before and it seemed decent enough, i didn't get any viruses for a year and it updates every time you turn the PC on. I am using AVG now, which is free, again it seems good and doesn't slow the system down as bad as Norton or EZ. I just use Windows XP firewall.

Mark

Associate
I would strongly advise against using a Anti-virus Internet Security Package , especially Norton & McAfee .They will use up too much resources and slow your PC down and . I know people who have bought such packages and would have to uninstall it in the end.You need a separate Anti-virus program , like the ones mentioned and separate firewall , Zone Alarm springs to mind. Windows firewall will stop incoming but doesn't stop outgoing .I use Panda and have done for three years now and it has stopped everything from getting to my PC.I would recommend Panda too.

Associate
OP
rickyt said:
I would strongly advise against using a Anti-virus Internet Security Package , especially Norton & McAfee .They will use up too much resources and slow your PC down and . I know people who have bought such packages and would have to uninstall it in the end.You need a separate Anti-virus program , like the ones mentioned and separate firewall , Zone Alarm springs to mind. Windows firewall will stop incoming but doesn't stop outgoing .I use Panda and have done for three years now and it has stopped everything from getting to my PC.I would recommend Panda too.

do you think internet security packages,(apart from using up too much resources), contain less features & a less effective anti virus than if you bought seperate packages like you have recommended?

Associate
An internet security suite combines antivirus and firewall and usually anti spam as well. An internet security suite is the best value as you get everything you need in one package

Caporegime
You only need to move the little finger on your left hand 1cm to the right from resting on the 'A' key to avoid coming off as a retard.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oops. My point still stands, do a search for the guys previous posts. I can't believe he hasn't gotten the hint yet.

Associate
quote "do you think internet security packages,(apart from using up too much resources), contain less features & a less effective anti virus than if you bought seperate packages like you have recommended?"

No , I dont think the full package contains less features and is less effective, but if you have lots of things running at the same time you MAY get problems.As posted , I have used Panda now for three years ,it has an anti-virus and a firewall built in .Thats all you need . The spyware stuff , I use Spybot , Ad-aware & Webroot's Spy Sweeper all come into to the equation after I've come off-line. I've seen it for myself with a m8's PC running McAfee's so called all in one package and the PC was doing so much ,he could hardly surf the net.He removed the package and went separate and the Pc was back at full speed . A lesson learned.

Associate
OP
Caged said:
You only need to move the little finger on your left hand 1cm to the right from resting on the 'A' key to avoid coming off as a retard.

Oh dear....seems I'm not the only retard here!!!!!

wasn't aware caps was considered as shouting on here...my apologies! However I have been aware of my left from my right since the age of 4!!!!!

with reference to your most recent post, my posts were made around the same time so hence they are all in caps!!!!

:D ;)

Associate
OP
i'm very flattered that you take such interest in my threads....as you are so interested, i posted two similar threads as I didn't feel I said exactly what I wanted to say in the first thread!

you obviously need to get out more mate!

Soldato
Tracetibs said:
you obviously need to get out more mate!

That is a bit out of order mate, we only try to help. The forums are so cluttered that having another thread when all the stuff you needed was in the previous is annoying.

Associate
Best thing to do is see if you can find a 30 day trial of an internet security suite and try out one and see how you get on with it. Im sure kaspersky does a 30 day trial of their security suite on their webpage and quite sure that zone alarm, mcafee and norton do trial versions of their security suite programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom