I want this new phone - not

Man of Honour
An internal memo issued by the New York Police Department gives warning for officers to look for a .22 caliber gun disguised as a cell phone because a few caches of these weapons have been found overseas.

This gun, which authorities believed is made in Europe, can be activated by pressing the buttons "5," "6," "7" or "8". A schematic diagram and photographs are helping police identify these relatively new weapons which are heavier than other phones.

Federal authorities have known of these tricky weapons for seven years but none have yet been found in the United States. Joseph Green of ATFE reminds authorities to look for weapons disguised as cell phones, beepers, or pens.

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_140013946.html

Soldato
I could see its potential use if you needed it for self defence from a potential attacker
although the battery would probably go flat just as you were about to fire...

Man of Honour
JBuk said:
I could see its potential use if you needed it for self defence from a potential attacker
although the battery would probably go flat just as you were about to fire...

Aye, I can see it all now....

"Don't come near me, this phone is a gun, I'll shoot you....

Oh, hang on, I can't get a signal here. Can we move into the street, these buildings play havoc with reception."

Soldato
Been around years, along with the old MP5K in the briefcase trick.

On the video:

Interviewer - "Whos making these guns"
The bloke - "Criminals"

So absolutely none of this decieveing gadgetry was devised by the governement? My rear end was it all made by criminals.

Associate
don't see the point in them really especially in the states where you can own guns anyway. They will still set off metal detectors and you could probably only hit some one with it from a very close range

Soldato
dmpoole said:
warning for officers to look for a .22 caliber gun disguised as a cell phone

Not trying to sound like a smartarse, but a .22 is not exactly something that would kill a rhino from a mile away. Couple that with the fact that it would probably be near impossible to aim well with the phone, I think that the only way you can injure someone is if you are standing next to him.

(I could be saying a load of bull so I am waiting for Feek to post!)

Back
Top Bottom