oblivion for 360 questions

Associate
i got the game two days ago (slow to begin with but gets a lot better, a very good game :D ), now i got 4 questions if anyone is kind enough to answer them for me:

1. Someone told me it is better to get the main quest out the way first because if i level up while doing the side quests the monsters get stronger but the guards that sometimes help you dont and so at very high level the main quest is much harder to complete because the soldiers get slaughtered.

2. When you level up are the stats increase the same no matter what or is it dependent on how much you use each stats.

3. When you are maxed out with the best equipment are the monsters still a challenge or do they get easier?

4. Any of mods worth downloading of marketplace

thxs

Man of Honour
1. Certain quests will be harder as the guards do indeed get killed pretty quickly (I recommend taking back Kvatch before you level up too much, no mission has troubled me as much as that did), but other quests will be easier as you're stronger. Swings and roundabouts really.

2. Your stats will grow depending on how much you use that particular stat.

3. Some monsters level up with you (either a couple of levels above you, or a couple below you), so some monsters should always provide a challenge, unless you come up with a strategy for killing them easily. Necromancers always gave me trouble until I stumbled on a very easy way to sort them out.

4. The Mage Tower for sure, I've got The Orrery but not done the mission yet so don't know whether it's worth it or not. Definitely the Mage Tower though, excellent mod, especially if you're into alchemy at all.

Associate
OP
thxs for your help, and i've just retook Kvatch the only part i hated was where you had do take on the five goblins at the end :( only had two people with me and them pansies died after one hit, luckly i'm a dark elf and immune to their fireballs

Soldato
i still find combat on this game frustrating, i get to really low health after like 1 enemy, mainly guys who have swords - monsters arent so bad

they'll hit me ill block but it sends me flying and unbalances me then they whack the shizzle out of me

Soldato
The restoration health spell is my best friend in Oblivion :D That's if you're stuck on health, i'm a Bretton so my Magicka seems to regenerate fairly quick.

By the way, had it since last Friday and managed to put in 23hours of gameplay now :o

Soldato
Andelusion said:
The restoration health spell is my best friend in Oblivion :D That's if you're stuck on health, i'm a Bretton so my Magicka seems to regenerate fairly quick.

By the way, had it since last Friday and managed to put in 23hours of gameplay now :o

im on 25hours and had it since Launch lol - i play it in drips and drabs while i got my exams on!

I use health restoration but it barely moves the bar, and not skilled for the Major Wounds one yet

Caporegime
One thing I am going to try is to pick two major skills - destruction and blade and then five poncy skills that I'll hardly ever use. That way you level up really slowly. Admittedly you lose a good chunk of points on other important skills but if you use them often enough they will quickly go up.

Man of Honour
kidkhaos said:
thxs for your help, and i've just retook Kvatch the only part i hated was where you had do take on the five goblins at the end :( only had two people with me and them pansies died after one hit, luckly i'm a dark elf and immune to their fireballs

At one point during the retaking of Kvatch I was fighting 5 different high level Daedric monsters, 3 of whom were summoning others to attack me, meaning it was effectively me against 8 at once. Hardest fight I've ever had, still not quite sure how I managed to survive it.

Associate
OP
Davey_Pitch said:
At one point during the retaking of Kvatch I was fighting 5 different high level Daedric monsters, 3 of whom were summoning others to attack me, meaning it was effectively me against 8 at once. Hardest fight I've ever had, still not quite sure how I managed to survive it.

:eek: tbh i cant imagine myself taking out 8 strong monsters on me own, i can barely manage 2 goblins :( . Still aint used to fighting in first person view attacking and blocking multiply opponents in oblivion is tricky for me, my tactics with fighting strong multiple opponents consists of me running around like a headless chickhen while summoning scamp to save me :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
*********MAY BE A SPOILER ABOUT THE HOUSE YOU BUY IN ANVIL*******

lol just bought the anvil mansion, went to sleep without giving two thoughts above it, woke up halfway through my sleep and three ghosts appeared and they gave me such a beating i just about managed on escaping with a sliver of health left (that house is too dark to make a quick escape ). Afterwards i came back fully equip with tons of potions for health and magic and did my own exorcism , can any weapon hit these ghosts because i've got a feeling i am goning too fight a lot of them again when i come back with the git who sold it to me.

*******************SPOILER DONE**************************

Watchtower, i havent the time to find weakness lol im too busy running, infact in some fights i take off my heavy armour to i can run faster :D . I am getting better it was just getting used to the actual controls while fighting in the first person view, i used to always go to crouch postion while moving around fighting because my finger would accidently push down :( , but am getting much better now.
As i said brilliant game, hope neverwinter nights 2 is this open

Last edited:
Soldato
kidkhaos said:
i got the game two days ago (slow to begin with but gets a lot better, a very good game :D ), now i got 4 questions if anyone is kind enough to answer them for me:

1. Someone told me it is better to get the main quest out the way first because if i level up while doing the side quests the monsters get stronger but the guards that sometimes help you dont and so at very high level the main quest is much harder to complete because the soldiers get slaughtered.

2. When you level up are the stats increase the same no matter what or is it dependent on how much you use each stats.

3. When you are maxed out with the best equipment are the monsters still a challenge or do they get easier?

4. Any of mods worth downloading of marketplace

thxs

Also remember the difficulty slider is your friend. Don't be afraid to lower it if you're finding each fight is becoming too long and involved.

I've 110 hours logged now and tbh I'm more interested in quests I haven't done and exploring. I don't want stumbling into a couple of 'random' ogres to be a big thing so I've tweaked it down a few notches. Nothing much but it's made the game more enjoyable, which imo is the most important thing.

Soldato
class game, had it since launch done over 40 hours and not started the main quest. Taking back kvatch Ive just done and man, it was me and that one guy got owned, it was a good challenge tho!

Man of Honour
Chunky said:
I was thinking of getting oblivion, though I hear it lags and freezes a lot, is this true?

No. You do get some stutters from time to time as it loads the areas when you're out in the open, but it doesn't make the game unplayable or any less enjoyable. Considering how huge the game world is (it would take you several hours to walk from one end of the game world to the other) I'm actually surprised there aren't more stutteering issues with it.

Associate
I really liked the levelling system until I went into an oblivion gate at level 20 something, and all of the enemies were that Xivilai guy, looked really stupid :o

Soldato
Chunky said:
I was thinking of getting oblivion, though I hear it lags and freezes a lot, is this true?

Nope. I've had 2 freezes in game but both were before I moved my 360 into a more ventilated space. I've 110 hours logged now so I don't think that's bad.

There are occasional stutters as you move quickly out doors but tbh I don't really notice them. Morrowind on my high end PC wasn't any better, must be something to do with how Bethusda makes their game engine.

Back
Top Bottom