• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DX10

Associate
This has more than likely been asked before, but unless I put the wrong search phrase in, couldn't see the answer.

Anyway ..

Could anyone please tell me if the latest batch of cards will be able to be flashed to DX10 compatibility ...?

Along with many others, I'm due a new build, and waiting for Conroe, but also want full Vista compatability (when it finally arrives!!), so don't want to replace my ailling 9700pro, with something thats not fully compliant with a OS that's just around the corner.

Thanks in advance.

Jez

Caporegime
poltergeist666 said:
This has more than likely been asked before, but unless I put the wrong search phrase in, couldn't see the answer.

Anyway ..

Could anyone please tell me if the latest batch of cards will be able to be flashed to DX10 compatibility ...?

Along with many others, I'm due a new build, and waiting for Conroe, but also want full Vista compatability (when it finally arrives!!), so don't want to replace my ailling 9700pro, with something thats not fully compliant with a OS that's just around the corner.

Thanks in advance.

Jez

no

Caporegime
poltergeist666 said:
LOL - like ya style :)

Thanks,

I wouldn't wait for DX 10 if you plan to upgrade.By the time you can actually use it in games the card will already be 2nd-third gen out of date.

Its a odd time for new system builders at the mo what with AM2 and conroe coming.

By all means wait for conroe but don't pay a premium for a DX 10 card.
As there will be nothing using for a good while yet.

Associate
OP
TBH, I was thinking along those lines, it's just I'm not a regular upgrader, and generally only consider a new system when my current one starts to chug along.

I've therefore been swayed. Conroe is in, DX10 is next years news.

Thx again mate.

J.

Back
Top Bottom