Car Powered By Water A Reality

Man of Honour
A Florida man has invented a car that runs partially on water. Inventor Denny Klein can see the day when you can run your car entirely off of water, but for now his "Aquygen" could double your gas mileage.

Klein's Aquygen is water broken down and turned into HHO gas, something scientists once thought impossible.

The current protype is a gas Aquygen hybrid. Klein says his invention can be retrofitted for any piston driven engine. The hybrid version of the car could hit the market in as little as 2 years: Aquygen units for industrial use are already for sale.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=4934566

Soldato
As long as it won't have the 0-60 time of a double decker bus being towed by another double decker bus, I'm all for it.

:D

Soldato
im sure I saw a water powered BMW 5 series on some BMW promo material about 5-6 years ago, or was it hydrogen......

either way, what does a water powered engine sound like exactly :p

Associate
Hahaha what an absolutely stupid idea.

"Aquygen is water or H2O, broken down and turned into HHO gas, something scientists once thought impossible."

Split water into its constituent parts of Hydrogen and Oxygen, most likely through electrolysis. Mix the hydrogen and oxygen together then bottle under pressure.

Yeah it will work but if something goes slightly wrong..
nuke.jpg

The reason being air is not required for Aquygen to burn as all the oxygen for total combustion is already there. The flame could travel straight back up the fuel pipe and into the tank.

It will also have low energy density compaired to pure hydrogen or regular fuels as you carry round all the oxygen required rather than just taking it from the air.

Soldato
It will and does work.

If I remember rightly it has either almost the same or more power per volume than CNG or LPG.

And no, HHO is not water. Through the high frequency electrolysis (MUCH more efficient than DC electrolysis) it breaks the chemical bond in the hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Both hydrogen atoms and the oxygen atom are still there, they just are not chemically bonded to make water.

And yes, HHO is extremely flammable, but then again, you're driving around daily with a liquid bomb under the arse end of your car now, so what's the big deal? Why is this so different from someone driving around with an LPG conversion on thier Transit van? Same thing my friends, just a different gas that's MUCH better for our environment......

Soldato
Yet another case of people looking at what gets put in the tank rather than where the energy comes from.

Producing the HHO from water via electrolysis MUST use at least as much energy as is released when the HHO is burned in the engine. Therefore it's not "powered by water" at all. It's powered by electricity.

Mickey - The reason that this is different to LPG or Petrol is that both of those need oxygen from an external source in order to burn. In a closed container with no oxygen they are perfectly safe and will not combust. On the other hand the HHO stuff already contains sufficient oxygen to burn. All that's needed to produce an explosion is heat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, but what makes up the space in your petrol tank when it's only got a couple gallons left?

Yes, there are safety issues with this stuff, but none we don't already face.

And as for the energy output, I'll try and find the link I used to have where it was proven that a 9volt battery (yes the one we all used in our little walkie talkies when we were younger) was producing this gas. Not a lot, but enough.

I never got a chance to read into all the physics of it, but the secret to it is in the 19.1KHz frequency of the electricity that you use.

All the physicists (even the venerable Einstien) said that nuclear fission would never amount to anything because it took more power in than what they got out. All it took was for Einstien's friend (can't remember his name right now) to discover the idea of using a neutron to bombard the proton instead of another proton, and nuclear fission is as we now know it.

And since we've always had (relatively) cheap fuel in the form of petrol, nobody has researched the idea of finding that (relatively) easy way to extract hydrogen from water.............

Until now.

Why should there not be a discovery of how to easily extract H2 from H2O just like the nuclear issue. Everybody and thier brother said the same thing. Nuclear fission was a bust. Until one enterprising and bright soul came up with a new way of thinking. Same thing could be happening here with this HHO stuff.

Why not? Keep an open mind and maybe, just maybe this whole "Peak Oil" thing won't be such the disaster everyone's making it out to be. Maybe, just maybe this HHO thing will pull our collective asses out of the fire before we're all too badly burned......

Anyways, it's now past 3:00AM, so I've got to be getting to bed. G'night folks.

Soldato
Its was discussed on fith gear on monday.

There is a special island where they are testing it out, and an unnoficial 0-60 time of 13.4 seconds (or roundabouts).

I would love this type of technology to become the standard, but i guess the fule companies will have a rather large say in the whole matter :(

Soldato
S@njay said:
Its was discussed on fith gear on monday.

There is a special island where they are testing it out, and an unnoficial 0-60 time of 13.4 seconds (or roundabouts).

I would love this type of technology to become the standard, but i guess the fule companies will have a rather large say in the whole matter :(

I think this is different technology to Hydrogen fuel cells is it not?

Soldato
Scottland said:
I think this is different technology to Hydrogen fuel cells is it not?

nope; was deffinitely hydrogen.

They too were scared of the "bomb" effect. It turns out that the car they were testing had been crash tested(another car) and there was not explosion from the tank.

Soldato
The thing is you have the following processes:

Water + Energy > HHO gas for use as fuel

then

HHO gas > Energy to drive the vehicle + Water as a waste product.

The problem being that your end products are the same as your starting products. No matter how efficient the electrolysis process there's no way to create energy from nothing. Sure, If we can find a way to produce clean renewable electricity in large quantities then something like this could be a winner but by itself this 'breakthrough' doesn't really solve any of our problems.

Soldato
S@njay said:
nope; was deffinitely hydrogen.

They too were scared of the "bomb" effect. It turns out that the car they were testing had been crash tested(another car) and there was not explosion from the tank.

Yes, but as far as I can gather the article posted in the OP is splitting H2O, where as Hydrogen fuel cells work the other way around I think and then releases H2O as a by product.

Soldato
^
Ahhh, shame really :(

Mabey we should all write a letter to a large oil company informing them that the OCUK forum members have devised a cheap method to turn all cars into water powered engines.

I would presume that even after splitting all the money between the members we would still be millionairs!

But what really is hindering the process of alternative fuel cars, if everyone is so scared of the hydrogen bomb effect in their cars, then surely driving around in a petrol car can just be as dangerous?

Soldato
S@njay said:
But what really is hindering the process of alternative fuel cars, if everyone is so scared of the hydrogen bomb effect in their cars, then surely driving around in a petrol car can just be as dangerous?

My personal feeling is pressure from the oil industry, they don't want to lose business over night they'd rather this sort of technology staggered over a peroid of time.

Or I could just have read too many conspiracy theories ;)

Back
Top Bottom