• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Few quick questions about the VF900

Soldato
Just had 2 questions really. The power socket for the fan on the 900 is it a 3 pin one, as I was thinking I could attach it to my Akasa Fan controller and then not have to bother with the 900s Fan Mate (btw where do you actually attach the 900s fan mate inside or outside the case)? And me other question is does the 900 come with those blue zalman ram heatsinks as the 700 does?

Associate
Im pretty sure it is 3pin as i remember seeing the fan mates having a 3pin connector to them. The fan mate is intented to be nounted inside the case. And it does come with the ramsinks.

Associate
Thought I should keep all VF900 related questions here...
Is there a way to get the fan to automatically speed up if it gets too hot?

Associate
Not as far as I'm aware.
The VF900 can't plug into the GFX card as the fan connector is the wrong size. You have to plug it into the motherboard.

I leave it on full power as it's not that much louder, though my system does seem to be getting drowned out by the NB fan on the DFI Ultra D.

As for the fan mate, I've got mine out side the case. Provided you have an empty pci slot you can just feed the cable out the back of the case to the fan mate, and then back inside to plug into the motherboard.

Associate
AFK_Matrix said:
Just had 2 questions really. The power socket for the fan on the 900 is it a 3 pin one, as I was thinking I could attach it to my Akasa Fan controller and then not have to bother with the 900s Fan Mate (btw where do you actually attach the 900s fan mate inside or outside the case)? And me other question is does the 900 come with those blue zalman ram heatsinks as the 700 does?

I've got mine attached to my fan controller and it works a treat. A lot easier to change rather than scrambling around the back trying to locate the zalman thats included. Yes it does come with 8 blue ramsinks (it covered all my ram on my x1800xt). Even better mine cost me £26 inc pnp brand new

Soldato
I have both my VF900`s on a front fan controller (nexus 3 way), and im able to have the fan speed on its lowest setting before it turns the fans off, so for all intense purposes it is a quiet as im going to get with fan cooling. The VF900 on full fan speeds is far from silent, and anyone saying it is, is deaf !! :D

Soldato
Yeah its not silent on full far from it but its not loud, my arctic cooler freezer 64pro is by far the loudest thing in my pc cant believe people think this is quiet! thast why I run it so it speeds up after it hits 50c

Soldato
Agreed, the freezer 64 pro isnt silent, but more so than its older brother. The Zalman cpu coolers seem to be the quietest ive heard thus far. Get a good case, make sure the fans are in the right places as not to create a vortex, then put all fans on mega low volts (or fan controllers) and away you go...well in theory anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom