New watch time. Advise please.

Soldato
Im after a new watch soon. Im looking for one in the £100-£250 pricerange. So far I have my eye on the following;

SEIKO ARCTURA SKA283P1
SEIKO ARCTURA SKA285P1
SEIKO ARCTURA SNL011
SEIKO KINETIC SKA187
SEIKO KINETIC SKA116
SEIKO KINETIC SKA251P1

Does anyone have any of the above watches? What do you think of them? Does anyone have any other suggestions of similar watches that are worth looking at? Thanks.

Soldato
Look on ebay for Seiko watches, they are a lot cheaper than in the high street stores. I was looking at a Seiko chrono watch in H Samuels and really wanted it but it was £350, a tad higher than i was prepared to pay. I looked on ebay one day to see if there was any good watches and found a fair few ebay stores that sold this watch, i ended up getting it for £180 :) . I'm chuffed with it, best watch Ive ever owned. Its a Quartz watch tho so you may not be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-SEIKO-...ryZ10354QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mark

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I don't have an Ebay account Mark A, although I might be tempted to set one up if I can save that much. How does the Kinetic watches compare to normal ones? Does it really work, or will I have to do a dance every hour to keep the watch going?

Soldato
Citizen Eco-Drive watches are lovely, they are powered by the movement of your hand and small solar plates on the front. I got mine for £150.

Permabanned
Whatever you do don't ever buy a Seiko from the highstreet, absolute ripoff. I can give you the ebay seller which I bought mine from if you want. My watch was over 300 quid in the highstreet I payed 140.

Soldato
The Seiko Kinetic SMY017 looks nice but could do with a Titanium strap IMO. Have you considered the Casio Waveceptors? I've got this one:

http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/casio/waveceptor-watches-wva430tdu1a2ver-large.jpg

Perfect for me. Decent price, basic watch, always tells exactly the right time (radio-controlled), solar-powered, clear display with proper numbers (again that's personal preference), and a lightweight strap so I can still play piano with it on (another personal preference).

Soldato
OP
Right, I think I have managed to narrow it down to the Seiko SNL001. It quite simple and understated, yet classy IMO.

snl0013ai.jpg

Thanks for the other suggestions guys, I did have a look at them. I quite like the Citizen Calibre 8651, but not as much as the seiko.

Back
Top Bottom