Mounting MCE IR inside case

Associate
I know a couple of people would like to see this so heres a quick guide on how I fitted it. This was in a Lascala LC03 HTPC case

Normal MCE 2005 remote and receiver

To get the receiver case apart there are 2 x mini torx screws hidden under 2 rubber feet at the front of the unit. Then theres 1 more screw which holds the board in place.

I have an ideal mounting spot in my case where all I had to do to mount the board is use some sticky pads which meant the sensor itself was in exactly the right place in between the small gap in the case and the VFD board. More luck than judgement. :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Heres the board mounted in position. Just need to run the cable to the back and out one of the expansion slots.

You can just about make out the IR sensor to the right.

It took all of 10mins to do and works just as well as if you were using it in the receiver box.. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for the guide mate :) is the circled bit the receiver then? So it is kinda kinda getting the signal after passing through a clear bit in the VFD cover?

dscf01529xs.jpg

Cheers,

Suman

Associate
OP
Yes, thats the sensor where you have circled. It works fine from almost any seating position.

It was lucky for me that the case I have was the VFD version which meant the display was already there with the perspex etc Which just meant putting the ir in next to the vfd board. Which has worked out really well.

Associate
OP
Cable goes out the back, but I will change that soon when I find my usb card.

The vfd is done the same just goes to parrallel port.

Back
Top Bottom