Going Clothes Shopping...

Permabanned
Hey guys,

When you guys go shopping for clothes do you like going alone or with mates for a second opinion? I HATE going with my mates (boys or girls). I just like taking my time, having my own opinion on things and stuff. Then again, I have bought the odd expensive item and thought - DAMN! If my mate was here he'd have told me 'WTF are you doing??'

Soldato
I dont normally go out with the intention of clothes shopping, it just happens... Though I used to go with the girl friend, or my best friend Matteh :D

Permabanned
I find it quicker if I choose my own things, rather than other people.

Having a second opinion helps, but I don't really care for their "what about this over here?" questions. I prefer to browse at my own pace.

I tend to drive people wild, on the rare occasions that they do come clothes shopping with me. They tend to choose things that have less style than an average table cloth.

Soldato
Yeah, asking public is good. I usually go with a mate (I only go very rarely though :p.. ~2 times a year).

Just get a friend of yours who's honest and it'll be fine. Girls tend to be better though as they (generally:p) know what they like in a guy and how they dress.

Associate
I always go with friends, couldn't ever see myself going clothes shopping around town on my own as i detest shopping, but going with the mates doesnt seem like shopping for some reason, we have lunch have a coffee, and where all into the same designer clothes, Flannels in Leeds has the best clothes for us so we just pretty much gather in there on a weely basis to blow all our cash.

Associate
go there on my own, knowing what I want and normally which shop i'm most likely to find it.

I can renew all the clothes I need to last the Winter / Summer / Monsoon Season in an hour or so, in the same time the GF can normally decide 20 items of clothing that don't really suit her, then forget what size clothes she wears, gets bored, find something she "must have" by half a dozen mugs / plates / any other tat that we don't really need.

(in the end she'll decide that she will need to come back becouse after3 hours she has a few ideas but doesn't want to be rushed)

Associate
Don't mind going shopping with female friends, they usally love it as I give decent advice :confused: Never really find many cloths for myself thou.

I usally find the most cloths on my own or shoping with my mum, strange as mum has the worst taste in cloths but has the patience of a saint and encourages me to look round.

Associate
i go usually with one of my sisters, mainly cause now they know what i like and they like shopping, so its less effort for me ;)

Man of Honour
I hate clothes shopping.. i have to get dragged out by the ear..

Wife tends to get me a few bits here and then.. but i go once a year and that's that!!

I certainly wouldn't go with another dude when coosing my Y-Fronts! :p

Wise Guy
Permabanned
I go alone, or with the wife. My friends would think I'd slipped a cog if I asked them to go clothes shopping with me. Besides which, about the only opinions I give a toss about, in terms of my sartorial taste, are mine and the wifes. If anybody else thinks I look a plonker in something, or have bad taste, then they're welcome to their opinion but I don't give a fig. I'm secure enough to wear what I like, and to hell with current fashions.

Soldato
i limit myself to twice a year.

summer clothes

winter clothes.. spend about £250 on each one..

im due a summer one, t shirts, shorts, maybe 2 pair of jeans. already got me trainers.. spend like £100 already really.. so its going to be £350 this summer.

id hate to be really into clothes buy spending that amount a week.. but you got to look good

Consigliere
Mellownatts said:
I would like to know how it gets complicated, its shopping, not a date..lol :p

It's happened before. People don't always like clothes shopping, depends who you go with. People wanting to go to different places, all at different paces. Different styles etc.

Back
Top Bottom