So back at the ranch!

Soldato
So I was talking to my lovely Mother today, as you do. She told me yesterday that she had decided to move the washing machine with out turning the mains waters off. Already you know whats happened, thats right pipes fallen off and water coming straight from the mains starts flooding everywhere, all over the carpet and kitchen and living room at the speed of... well water! Anyway it takes about 20 minutes to eventually get the water cut out and by that time the whole of downstairs is flooded! Fortunately the power was cut quickly and no-one was hurt, all the electrical devices were taken above sea level and saved... Of course there was one thing in the way of the flood gates, that was my laptop, which floated on a layer of water to be discovered later!

Fortunately we have a good insurance policy and everything is being paid for, which means brand new flooring, which is going to be laminate! And also a brand new laptop for me, which is fantastic, because the other one didnt work that well anyway! Its a bit hard being so far away from home though when things like this happen and i could have helped prevent it using my male intelligence!

Soldato
Why, oh why, do people do that? I think it's just to get your attention. Do you call her or visit her enough? Surely she should have known that when she starts to unscrew the couplers and water starts to spray out there must be something wrong. :)

Congrats on the insurance, though! Had my basement flooring replaced due to a self-induced accident once. Finally all that investment pays off. :D

Soldato
OP
lol dont think its for attention, im in Oz and wont be back for a couple weeks, she knows that! She is just blonde I think and that was enough reason!

Back
Top Bottom