A battlefield2 thread

Associate
ichabod crane said:
vechicle drops sucks, i had an awesome sniper spot this mornin takin out loads of poeple trying to catch a flag... and there commander with UAV drops a damn car on me!! on a roof top.

Gets a bit frustrating being killed by a jeep - but it is blinkin' funny thou :D

It'll calm down once the novelty wears off, most will use it more constructively... well hopefully.

Associate
Can anyone tell me how to confirm the version number because although I've patched to 1.3, the game says 1.1.2878-710.0 on the loading screen. Is this normal or did I stuff up the installation somehow?

Sorry for the stupid question - just got the game so I'm not familiar with how it works.

Associate
this is by far the worst exerience ive had with a patch for BF2. i did download one of the leaked versions from a link last page, may have got corrupted from the volume of people transferring etc, ill get it from the EA downloader as soon as i get my rig back together and se if its the same.

Associate
Siders77 said:
Not had the red/blue bug yet, apparently they fixed it though.

They didnt fix it, theyve said every patch they were going to fix it but essentially admitted they cant, because they cant reproduce it under test conditions. (in other words, its a serious re-write of a large chunk of code, the same as the AT/TOW missiles not firing and they cant be arsed)

Caporegime
Deliverance said:
They didnt fix it, theyve said every patch they were going to fix it but essentially admitted they cant, because they cant reproduce it under test conditions. (in other words, its a serious re-write of a large chunk of code, the same as the AT/TOW missiles not firing and they cant be arsed)

They can come round and use my machine, two teamkills today because of it :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have over 900 hours logged and the red bug has only happened once about 4 months ago. I am not surprised they cannot recreate it.
My only advise is to leave and rejoin as soon as you are aware of it.

Personally i really wish they would speak to some actual users of the game. They have the stats and hours logged and email addys and i feel they need to speak to those who actually play the ****** game and Not to whoever they are listening to now.
I am sick of them ****** with my game without them consulting Actual users.
Yer yer i know they monitor forums and have a few peeps but odviously these are Not hardcore BF2 players.

Associate
900 hours? you must have a sore backside!! :p
it would be good if they took on board stuff from the high usage players instead of everyone that has a pet gripe with the game, but that would take common sense and a single care about what people want instead of just money grabbing and whining about stuff being too complex to fix. there has been some real stupid ideas put into the game with zero after thought, these additions will be took out soon enough though.

Soldato
Does anyone find that when you change your sensitivity for your joystick with the joystick controller program, your jets/helis are ubar sensative and dip way too much.
I mean, without the joystick program installed, i can have all my settings on 10 (for my jet) and it feels like its one 1!
So I instlal the software crank it up say 1% and it all goes **** up. its stupid.. is there any other way I can make it more sensative, i.e with bf2 configs?

Soldato
Since installing this patch I've had:

• Red/Blue tag mix up
  • AT Missiles not firing/going through vehicles
  • CTD for the first time in ages
  • Server Browser is screwed up and not selecting the server I click on

Yet they've fixed a bug which was causing crashes when you put 300 characters in the connect to IP box so obviously this patch was worthwhile.

/Looks forward to ET:QW release

Back
Top Bottom