Gotta love that auction site..

Man of Honour
.. where else could you buy:

VAI-2+Bad+Horsie+2+Contour+Wah.jpg

+

boss_ch1a.jpg

+

ge7.jpg

.. for £121? Brand new you're looking at £110 for the Bad Horsie 2 alone! I've been looking to offload my GT-6 uber-fx unit, I'm going back to basics and you can't beat a guitar straight into a Marshall for that top tone. I only ever used a little chorus/noise suppression on the GT-6 so the new setup is going to be:

Jackson RR5 -> VAI-2 wah -> GE-7 eq -> CH-1 chorus - > Marshall Mode Four half-stack

.. tone doesn't get much purer than that ;)

Oh, the GT-6 is already at £131 so I'm quids in already!

Man of Honour
OP
I was considering some sort of Whammy-esque product too, think it will have to wait until I've got used to the new additions to the riddlerRig™.. interesting way of doing it, had never thought ot a PS5/expr pedal :)

Soldato
well, boss products as everybody knows are indestructible! and sound a lot better.
the main reason for me getting a PS5 instead of the digitech is that it has a few more options that are solid without using the expression pedal. and i need to be able to just stomp a pedal and go down 1/2 a step for Guns N roses and quite a bit of 80's rock.

/awaits andelusion to come in and try to offer me his GP100 unless he has already sold it.

Last edited:
Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
/awaits andelusion to come in and try to offer me his GP100 unless he has already sold it.

lol Probably not going to sell it now, it's not worth me selling it for what i'll get for it, may aswell keep it, if i can be bothered buying cables to wire it up in my loop then I wont need any more pedals for a long time.

Good buys there! I like the switchless feature on the badhorsies and an eq pedal is always nice to have.

Soldato
Yeah that's my 'band' :) I use quotes as there's only 3 of us at the moment, still need a bassist, keyboardist and singer *cries*

I'm Stephen (one with the Jem), cheers for the comments by the way :) The other guitarist (Joe) is playing the lead on that 'Atmospheric' one, they're all working titles by the way.

A lot of the parts are doubled, the one called 'Tapping' is me playing the lead, that's called tapping as it's all tapped suprisingly enough XD

We need to update the site actually as i've been writing a lot on my own and we've updated a lot of stuff especially the '74' one (called 74 as it's in 7/4 time).

Soldato
means 7 quarter notes(crotchets) per bar and that a crotchet is a beat.

So 7 beats/bar.

Top number ( the 7 in this case) can be any number just means amount of beats per bar.
The bottom number is the beat duration has to be a type of beat eg:

common ones:
1 whole note semibreve
1/2 half note minim
1/4 quarter note crotchet
1/8 eighth note quaver

(The fractions are duration relative to the whole note)

If say, a quaver is the set beat duration and you wanted 5 beats a bar, you'd put

(There are no lines in the time signature, just numbers on top of each other)

(I'm hoping you meant you didn't know what they meant, otherwise I wasted my time :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've still got my korg AX1500G for my effects, can't seem to find something worthy of replacing it!

(I've got a single channel 10W valve amp, my band uses an agressive digitalish distortion (think a mix between fear factory and marshall amps!) and its perfect)

saying that, my friends GT3 is impressive

Man of Honour
I recently got an 80w Marshall amp and seperate head (Can't remember the exact models) for £130, but I see them going on US sites for $1300+.

It hasn't arrived yet, I'm still worried it's just going to blow up.

Soldato
I used to have locking tuners on my Ibanez Destroyer. didn't seem to make *that* much of a difference, apart from spending hours winding strings

Back
Top Bottom