ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe help please.

Associate
Just got my ASUS through the post. Built it all fine. It posts and everything but when I try and Install Windows it won't install on the partition I've created.

I deleted the old one, created a new one but it says it's an incorrect file system or something. It keeps saying that everytime I re-boot and try again.

However, the board didn't come with a floppy disk for the RAID/SATA drivers.

Is that the reason why Windows won't install?

Also, and ideas where I can get the right Drivers? ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe with 32Bit Windows XP.
Thanks. :)

Soldato
Are you using sata on the ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe?
That board has both Nvidia and Silicon Image controllers.

If your using the Nvidia one, you should'nt need additional drivers, but make sure you have the boot order correct.

Old pic here...
Features has always been one of Asus' strong points -- and the A8N-SLI Deluxe doesn't let us down. Coupling the NVIDIA-based SATA channels with an additional Silicon Image 3114CT chip Asus has given the user a total of 8 SATA channels that all support RAID. The NVIDIA connectors use the new SATA connection sytle that are more stable than the older style, which for some reason Asus continued to use on the Silicon Image channels

Thats the black ones = NVIDIA.

Silicon image ones will require drivers.

All drivers can be found here...select motherboard > socket 939 then the model.

Last edited:
Associate
Have had the same sata problem with the asus a8n sli deluxe aswell, at mo still booting of an ide drive for windows and using the sata drive as extra storage. Have recently updated the bios so might see if windows works now.

Associate
OP
Got it working at long last! Had to unplug the IDE drive and it worked just fine. :D

Thanks a lot!!

Another quick question: When I went to install the Motherboard drivers I found that the CD was broken....Is there any way I can get another?

Or can I download them? I've looked on the ASUS site but don't really know what I'm looking for tbh. :o

Back
Top Bottom