malicious calls on my mobile

Soldato
Help, lol

I have been getting for the last 2 days a lot of malicious calls, as in, on my mobile, but coming up as a private number, i believe they are perhaps doing 141 before they dial so as not to give out there number. Thing is then it sounds like a girl putting on a pretend voice, knows my name and my address as tonight in the last hour had 2 chinese delivery guys turn up with food.
Now even though i was hungry I had to turn them away as I have not ordered this. then there take away rings me up and asks me why i order it and not want it. I tell them I didnt order it and goodnight.

I am on Orange Network, rang them and they said to call a particular number in the morning, which i shall do. Just wondering if any of you have had this happen to you in the past.

will orange be able to sort it out, as the number is witheld ?

getting my goat up to be honest. god knows who it it. no idea.

Associate
Orange are going to be the only people to help you. They can block all withheld and detect the number thats calling you and block that specifically. You can also take legal action in most cases against the prank callers as its malicious.

Associate
This 'number' you have to call, will most likely their malicious call dealing place...

So if you submit this certain number to be malicious, i expect you will be under some sort of agreement of something - if they do anything to the caller or if anything comes of the situation.

But ultimately yes, Orange - or this department, can find the number out and trace the caller.

Alex

Soldato
OP
Good and thank you people. getting on mamory glands, I can do without this. have enough on without stupid fools:
A) ringing me up and
B) even worse doing false food orders. I feel like a right pratt saying "no, not me mate, not ordered it"

Ill call them 1st thing tomorrow morning and get them to sort it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Sounds like a girl got your number.. i'd estimate between 14 and 17 years old ;)

Associate
Section 127 of the Telecommunications Act 2003 (see below).

127 Improper use of public electronic communications network
(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he-
(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b) causes any such message or matter to be so sent.
(2) A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he-
(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b) causes such a message to be sent; or

(c) persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.
(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42).

I believe this came from the Ofcom website (got it in a Word doc on my desktop), I sent it to the guy that was pranking me, haven't had anything back from him since.

Soldato
OP
god knows who it is. I dont know kids. Im 34 going on 35 so no idea if it's a kid.
Only management at work have my mobile number, im very carefull who i give my number out to, close friends and family etc. I know it's none of them as I dont keep stupid acquantences

BTW: Thanks Alasdair!
That is very usefull to know and have to hand.

Associate
I work for orange as a store manager and can confirm the malicious calls team should help settle your problem.
They may ask you to get a crime reference number (basically reporting the abuse to the police)

Soldato
Id ring round the take aways YOU actually want to oreder from and explain the situation. We had this happen last year and the chinese and the indian we usually use had several false orders given with our address/details.

I just went round and explained and because they both knew me as a regular we agreed that if i placed an order i would use a password so they knew it was me. This worked a treat and whoever it was soon gave up.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

iCraig said:
Fake an orgasm down the phone when you answer.
I do something simular when my mates call..

Usually something along "Hi, you've reached the gay exchange" and most of the time they're like :confused: lol

Associate
Phate said:
LOL at megzy ^^

just answer by saying

"Gay Chat Line"

or get simply stop answering your phone when its witheld
Problem with that is if its a witheld company - lol...

I've considered it on my phone - but my dad often calls me from work.........

Best to get it sorted - or when you realise its a prank or whatever just play hell at them!
Alex

Back
Top Bottom