• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

quick question about a64 3000 venice 512k

Associate
really depends on the individual stepping. 2.4ghz sounds like a safe bet though.

My old 3000+ ran 2.8ghz fine with only 1.45v, whilst others have trouble clocking above 2.4ghz with any voltage.

Man of Honour
With a Good mobo, decent cooling and a voltage increase around 2.4-2.6ghz should be acheivable. Some people have got higher but I wouldn't bank on it.

I run mine at 2556mhz with 1.6v.

Man of Honour
Defcon5 said:
i may be wrong but i think they have a htt lock at a certain frequency, although a modded bios is available to get round it
That is true, although it does depend on what BIOS they are currently shipping with. It may be that the current shipping BIOS doesn't have the lock.

Mine is completely unstable if the HTT base speed is set over 250MHz, regardless of how far I underclock the memory and HTT links. 250MHz, no problem. 251MHz, borked. So my A64 Venice 3000 is limited to 2250MHz. Luck of the draw. It's still powerful enough.

Back
Top Bottom