Pires To Villareal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
"Robert Pires has reportedly agreed a two-year deal with Villarreal.

The Frenchman is out of contract at Arsenal this summer and has been tipped to leave for months.

He had been hopeful of landing a contract extension with The Gunners, but boss Arsene Wenger was reticent to hand him a long-term deal at the age of 32."

Cant belive he has left i wonder who will take his place??

any ideas?

Permabanned
Obviously. :D

And we had exactly the same story just before the CL final... :rolleyes: I do reckon it'll happen but won't believe so until it's actually officially done.

Man of Honour
marc_howarth said:
i was hoping that, because Henry was staying Pires would be do the same never mind :(

Are you kidding? The guy was reasonable going foreward, but just didn't function that well I feel.

He had lots of tap ins for goals, and linking up with Henry is always going to increase the number of assists you provide. However he never tracked back to help Cole (/whoever was playing LB) which is probably why the players we have there are such good defenders because they're essentially doing two jobs at once!

He was fantastic for us, but for the past year and a half, I think that he was woeful!

Permabanned
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5015814.stm

It's official.

Funny, despite me knowing this had to happen for us to progress, still can't help but feel sad he is gone. :(

I hope opposition fans can forget the diving and appreciate the special talent he was. IMO the best wide player around in 01-02.

Some of the goals he scored were simply breath-taking, for example the first time lob against Southampton from a good 25-30 yards away. Beautiful. And the flick over and lob against Schmeical was brilliant, even had Andy Gray applauding!

He'll always be a legend in my eyes, especially for all those goals at WHL. That really is a special record and I remember a Spurs' fan even saying so which is nice, to score against your rivals on their ground every year for 5 years is something special.

Dingo said:
Shaun Wright-Phillips springs to mind!!

Umm, no thanks..... in the few chances he has had at Chelsea he has been shown up up for the horribly average, terribly overrated English player he is.

He can't do a competent job on the right so I'm not sure what makes you think he do anything on the left..

As has been said twice in this thread, Rosicky is quite obviously his replacement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom