What type of aerial do i need for a digital TV card?

Soldato
Just recently got the Leadtek Winfast DTV-1000 TV card from overclockers, installs perfectly fine.

However, if i scan for channels at different times, i can then recieve these new channels. Is it a matter of scanning and detecting it once, then you will have access to that channel regardless if you pick it up again or not?

Also, im using a bog-standard TV aerial, and the reception is quite bad (stuttery). Do i need a special digital aerial of some kind?

Thanks for any help :)

Soldato
Firstly if you have to determine if you can recieve digital TV through your aerial in your area. Next you need a strong signal. Try spilting your main aerial used in your house. I presume you have an aerial in your loft or on top of your house?

Soldato
OP
Yeah i have a main aeriel in the house on the roof. I have got a two way splitter connection at the end of my room, so i'll try using that with a standard cable. (currently using the splitter for Sky multiroom, but obviously sky doesnt show up on the TV so no channels are picked.

Soldato
OP
Well ive hooked it up to the main roof ariel and the image is superb. I suppose i could use this, but it means a long cable running across the room.

Are these wide band aerials relatively small and portable?

Back
Top Bottom