Good camera insurance for travel abroad?

Associate
Do you have household contents insurance? If you have personal possessions cover then this should cover you anywhere in the world for personal use. Check the policy first before quoting me tho!! ;)

If you want cover for a one off trip, then normal travel insurance should do you. Again check the cover is enough for the camera.

Don't really know a lot about camera insurance to give a good recommendation. We have used E&L in the past, we made no claims though, which, if you make them, is a good indication of the company. I think E&L do monthly policies as well as annual.

Soldato
AndyBorzi said:
Do you have household contents insurance? If you have personal possessions cover then this should cover you anywhere in the world for personal use. Check the policy first before quoting me tho!! ;)

I had £2K camera gear added to my home policy for an extra £4 a year. Covers me for full replacement for any loss, anywhere :)

Associate
Colin_da_Killer said:
Thx for the replies. I don't have home insurance.

Does any one have any links to good insurance companies taht could sort me a good deal for my 5 day trip? I don't mind paying for a month as longa s I'm not bound to any contract's (yearly).

try http://quote.insureandgo.com/default.aspx?bId=117&RsId=1

just got a quote, 5 days europe

approx £10 including £1500 baggage and personal possessions
approx £12 including £2000 baggage and personal possessions

Don't know if they are the cheapest but try googling for travel insurance

Permabanned
OP
AndyBorzi said:
try http://quote.insureandgo.com/default.aspx?bId=117&RsId=1

just got a quote, 5 days europe

approx £10 including £1500 baggage and personal possessions
approx £12 including £2000 baggage and personal possessions

Don't know if they are the cheapest but try googling for travel insurance
Thx, just got it from them. Wierd how ti works though..

Ended up paying roughly £18 and I'm covered for shed loads of everything else to high £££'s but my luxuries or whatever it was (aka digital camera) I am covered to only £400 but I guess thats alright for my s9500.

Back
Top Bottom