New users/mailboxes in exchange

Associate
Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the process doesn't seem to fully complete.
It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003 i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".

No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.

Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this exchagne server.

What have i done? HELP! :eek: :eek:

Soldato
Do the new accounts appear in the GAL?

I have a vague memory of an issue with Exchange on an SBS box suffering from this problem. I'd create the new mailboxes but they wouldn't appear until I'd rebooted the server. Have you rebooted the box?

Let me look through my fix notes.

Back
Top Bottom